U2.com – Joshua Tree 30th Anniversary Editions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does the digital download get you all the tracks from the rerelease or just the 11 on the original album ?

Does the digital download get you all the tracks from the rerelease or just the 11 on the original album ?
Just check to see what edition your are purchasing. I think Super Deluxe is one and standard another.

Anyone else really surprised that all we have heard 2 days from the release is the new RHMT mix and a re-mixing of the previously release live SHF?

Would have thought trying to get one of the new mixes of the big three singles played on radio would be a smart move for drumming up sales.

Anyone else really surprised that all we have heard 2 days from the release is the new RHMT mix and a re-mixing of the previously release live SHF?

Would have thought trying to get one of the new mixes of the big three singles played on radio would be a smart move for drumming up sales.

Well, that's what the new mix of RHMT and the live ISHFWILF have been for, I guess. To get these songs played as promotion for the new boxset. Looks like they haven't caught on.

I'm a sucker, so I pulled the inevitable trigger and ordered the 4-CD set from Amazon, as the price dropped below $100. I look forward to having it on Friday.

It's out tomorrow in Australia. Looking forward to hearing he new mixes.

The live versions will be interesting. The mix on SHF is phenomenal, and really enhances it from the R&H version

It's out tomorrow in Australia. Looking forward to hearing he new mixes.

The live versions will be interesting. The mix on SHF is phenomenal, and really enhances it from the R&H version

I agree about the SHF live version. The guitar sounds "crisp". Hope all the songs follow in sound.

I'm actually very excited to have the live tracks. I have always found the "official" releases to be the best sounding and far superior to almost all recordings(could be that I just don't know how to find the better recordings).

I'm also excited for the remixes and alternate versions of the JT songs.

It's the next best thing to a new album release I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Initial reviews of the reissue are rolling in, and we're getting our first descriptions of the remixes:

From: https://www.musicomh.com/features/spotlights/u2-the-joshua-tree

Firstly, there’s a disc of remixes from the likes of Steve Lillywhite and Daniel Lanois; as can probably be predicted, though, the necessity of these remixes is dubious to say the least, with the Record Store Day 2017 Lillywhite remix of Red Hill Mining Town being the best of the six here by some distance. As for the other five, well, they’re not great…and unlikely to be played more than, er, once, particularly the dreadfully boring version of With Or Without You (remixed by Lanois) which literally rips the heart out of the track by discarding The Edge’s delay-laden guitaring completely; whoever thought that was a good idea needs their head tested. Lastly, the fourth disc contains b-sides and outtakes but, wait for it, it’s virtually identical to the bonus tracks CD from the 20th anniversary release with the single edit of Where The Streets Have No Name this time missing, whilst an alternative Lillywhite mix from 1987 of I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For is included along with a new, short and largely pointless 2017 ‘reprise’ of One Tree Hill by producer Brian Eno.

From: Latest Album Reviews: U2, Alt-J, Husky, Pixx, Bryson Tiller

Daniel Lanois turns With Or Without You into Radiohead, circa Amnesiac. The big rock “kick” is gone, replaced by esoteric electro ambience and different backing vocals and it uses Bono’s voice to drive the song, not the band. Lanois also reinvents Running to Stand Still, Lillywhite gives Red Hill Mining Town some new bells, whistles and brass, and Brian Eno serves up
a short reprise of One Tree Hill. Jackknife Lee updates Bullet the Blue Sky without losing any of the original urgency — creating an epic with electronic undertones in all the right place Flood’s Where the Streets Have No Name is potentially divisive: the original version bookends a moody, distorted middle — more Gothic church than rock stadium. But it does have has different lyrics — Bono sings “Where the streets have no love” in parts and there’s alternate ad libs which will prick up fan ears ... and empty fan wallets. Again.

I'm a sucker, so I pulled the inevitable trigger and ordered the 4-CD set from Amazon, as the price dropped below $100. I look forward to having it on Friday.
And you look forward to that cuz you ordered it an Amazon? They are always late. I swear the shipping person is The Edge with constant delays​.

I am really optimistic about the sound of MSG. The new mastered for iTunes albums sound great too.

Anyone heard the Brian Eno OTH mix or the Lillywhite Still Haven't Found? Those are the only two "new" things I have yet to hear.

Back
Top Bottom