U2.com – Joshua Tree 30th Anniversary Editions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Earth Positive is Continental brand. There is usually a bio hazard type looking symbol on a tag down near the inside waist.

That helps me with sizing choice. Thanks!

Do you live in US? (And thus would have been shipped from US warehouse, rather than a UK warehouse)

Yep, that's it. Yes, I'm in the US. Was shipped from California.

Earth Positive is Continental brand. There is usually a bio hazard type looking symbol on a tag down near the inside waist.

That helps me with sizing choice. Thanks!

Do you live in US? (And thus would have been shipped from US warehouse, rather than a UK warehouse)

Think this is why I haven't received mine yet as I'm in the uk

Still no t shirt. Anyone in the uk received there's yet?

Not sure if this has been discussed but why is still haven't found what I'm looking for on twice? Doesn't make sense to have it on twice

I'm loving this boxset. I'm so glad I purchased it. I listen to the remix CD almost daily. Edge's book of pictures has inspired me to one day tour that California desert area and see the Joshua Trees, the mountain scenery, the Harmony Hotel, the Ghost Town of Bodie California as well as maybe even climbing to the top of Mount Whitney. The madison square concert is fantastic. I was a little hesitant about purchasing this since I already had the 2007 boxset, but I can now say it was definitely worth it!

I'm loving this boxset. I'm so glad I purchased it. I listen to the remix CD almost daily. Edge's book of pictures has inspired me to one day tour that California desert area and see the Joshua Trees, the mountain scenery, the Harmony Hotel, the Ghost Town of Bodie California as well as maybe even climbing to the top of Mount Whitney. The madison square concert is fantastic. I was a little hesitant about purchasing this since I already had the 2007 boxset, but I can now say it was definitely worth it!

I enjoy all the remixes/alternate mixes. I think the live songs sound awesome (Streets incredible).

It just sucks that I now have a 4th copy of every JT song (CD burn, iTunes complete set, 2007 remastered and now this version.

Cool release!

I enjoy all the remixes/alternate mixes. I think the live songs sound awesome (Streets incredible).

It just sucks that I now have a 4th copy of every JT song (CD burn, iTunes complete set, 2007 remastered and now this version.

Cool release!

This is my 3rd copy of the Joshua Tree.

The first copy I purchased in March 1990, 3 years after the release of the album. It was a compact disk with the cover photo blurred. There was also a tracking/editing problem. The end of One Tree Hill was included as the beginning of Exit. For several years, I thought that was actually how Exit began.

Finally, in 2007, they reissue the Joshua Tree as a box set with the the tracking/Editing problem fixed and no blurred album cover photos. Plus a live DVD of the July 4, 1987 Paris show.

Then in 2017, they release the 30th anniversary box set which is larger and much better quality and quantity in terms of pictures, plus the live show at Madison Square Garden and the beautiful remix's making the songs sound brand new.

4th copy of JT for me including March 1987 vinyl copy. Remixes & MSG show are all right, just wished they would have open the vault more for additional live shows, video, etc.

I guess I was lucky as a teen in the early 90s when I picked up TJT cd. Sure the cover photo was oddly stretched out and blurred, but it came with the long box and was an 87 copy without the editing issue.

This is my 3rd copy of the Joshua Tree.

The first copy I purchased in March 1990, 3 years after the release of the album. It was a compact disk with the cover photo blurred. There was also a tracking/editing problem. The end of One Tree Hill was included as the beginning of Exit. For several years, I thought that was actually how Exit began.

I got into U2 in about 1994-5, and I sort of took ownership of my Dad's JT copy. I didn't even know it was an error until maybe 1998, when that Best of 1980-90 music video collection came out, with the cut R&H version of OTH on it. OTH ended, and then the "Oh great ocean..." part began. Suddenly it all made sense to me!

I guess I was lucky as a teen in the early 90s when I picked up TJT cd. Sure the cover photo was oddly stretched out and blurred, but it came with the long box and was an 87 copy without the editing issue.

I use to love the long boxes.

So wait, the 87 version didn't have it? I picked mine up in 88 or 89 and it already had it. Like Acrobat said, I didn't realize it was an error till years later.

Hmm, if it's the same as the women's shirt that was being sold on the first leg I think I'll pass. The gold was very blingy. Oh well ..

Back
Top Bottom