U2.com gift for 2009 subscriptions / ALL U2.com Discussion / U2.com Re-Design

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I renewed on Jan 17th, just before I read that Baja mentioned it was just a trial.
I received my Subscription Coupon but I'm still waiting on my pressie. Although nothing was mentioned in the mail, nothing about the old (last year's) or the new.
I'm rather curious what/if I'm gonna get anything at all.

I renewed in November and was sent the CD around two weeks later. The t-shirt came sometime in January. Seeing that you got the CD last year as well it's pretty poor if they do not give you something different this year!!

Hi, sorry if this has already been mentioned, but for those who don't visit U2.com forums often i just saw a message from Baja telling people who renewed around Nov/Dec 08 to post details of when they renewed...maybe they are trying to sort out renewals from new members? I got the Slane stuff twice so hoping i still get the new subscription gift too...

Thanks for the tip. I went over and posted in the thread. Hopefully, they'll be able to sort this stuff out. :sad:

Looks like the launch of the new site is coming any day now.

Thanks for that! I never visit Zootopia & never would've known. Just posted. :wave:

Got this mail from u2.com:

Dear Alanah,

Thank you for your email. Your U2 fan club account is set to expire in 39
days. The link for the U2 Fan club subscription is not yet up. Please note
that the new fan club merchandise has not yet been announced; keep checking
the U2 web site for the new fan club update.

If you have any further questions, please contact us at
orderhelp@FanFire.com or one of the following numbers: 1-800-767-7160 or
+1-916-414-2921. Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours
a day 7 days a week. Please be sure to include a copy of this email with any
reply.

Sincerely,
U2 Customer Service

Hi, sorry if this has already been mentioned, but for those who don't visit U2.com forums often i just saw a message from Baja telling people who renewed around Nov/Dec 08 to post details of when they renewed...maybe they are trying to sort out renewals from new members? I got the Slane stuff twice so hoping i still get the new subscription gift too...

Which thread should i post in ? Sorry, i get so confused in that forum:wave:

Hi, its in the "general" thread for subscribers under "accidental or pre-extension renewals".

Hey guys, got a question:

I'm not currently a U2.com subscriber. I used to be. But I haven't been a member since last tour. When should I upgrade my service? because when I did it still said "07/08 membership" in the checkout for $45?

Kinda confused.

I'd be very surprised if U2.com members weren't given at least something when the tour comes around. Just because U2.com fucked up last time around is no real reason to refuse members a good deal with pre-sale or whatever, within reason of course.

I'm waiting for the right time to sign up, too...want to take advantage of pre-sales for North America.

Any best guesses?

Just posted in the thread in Zootopia as I renewed when prompted last month.

Another feck up by u2.com. Only knew about it due to the link on @u2.com.

A new update was posted on Zootopia. I didn't see it until today. It said to make sure your contact information was updated. Assume it meant the information in your profile.

I wonder if they're actually going to launch the new website to coincide with one of the album release dates, like Ireland, Europe, or the US.

It would be nice. You'd think they've had enough time to try and get this right.

ETA: Also, looks like they've pretty much cleaned out the store.

Baja posted this at 9:22 (pst) tonight:

ZOOtopia

Have just received this, PLEASE DISTRIBUTE AS WIDELY AS POSSIBLE.

IF you are on a mailing list, or a fan site, please post there, or direct people here

Baja
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

U2.Com will be launching an improved site with new community features just in time for the release of No Line On The Horizon.

As it is not possible to export the content from our current message board, please take this opportunity to copy and save anything you want to keep including Posts, Profile Icons, Images, Messages, etc.

The team have been working hard to bring Zootopians a better online experience, so bear with us during the transition - and sorry for any inconvenience.

Also, a reminder on those of you with U2.Com accounts that were granted extensions while details of the new U2.Com offer were finalized: the extensions run until the end of February. Everyone should receive an email in the next few days.

Thanks

U2.COM Team

So if you've got something you want, copy it or lose it forever....

I've still heard nothing, no emails, etc. I tried keeping an eye over there for renewing... Thanks for posting rose & seethebird.

I only know this already, because I post on Zootopia as well. Everything got erased the last time the changed the site over. I used to post all the time and when they changed the site over, it was as I was a new user, so I stopped going on there and recently went back.

I only know this already, because I post on Zootopia as well. Everything got erased the last time the changed the site over. I used to post all the time and when they changed the site over, it was as I was a new user, so I stopped going on there and recently went back.

I got a subscription last time do you think they will do the same with presales this time with U2.com ? I don't care about being in the heart but it would be cool since I never been there but it's more about getting cheap GA tix is what i'm wondering about.

Re-subscribing

So, I subscribed when the website launched in 05'. I was disappointed with the site though and ended up not renewing in November of 06'. With the new site launching though and the new album/tour I've decided I want to be a subscriber again. My question is, I don't want to loose my old account, but I don't see an option for "renewel" or "resubscription". Just one to purchase a subscription, even when I'm logged in on the site. My question is, should I go ahead and buy a subscription now, or wait till the new site launches? Also, do you know if my current login will just be upgraded to full access or will they try to make me create a whole new account?

Thanks,

Jason

I have renewed every year and does anyone know if were going to lose our member numbers? Mine is really low 6227 and don't want to lose that number.

I have renewed every year and does anyone know if were going to lose our member numbers? Mine is really low 6227 and don't want to lose that number.

They'll probably copy them to the new database in the same order... possibly killing old entries entirely, meaning your number would go down.

They'll probably copy them to the new database in the same order... possibly killing old entries entirely, meaning your number would go down.

That would be cool. I think that they will keep them because too many people who have low numbers are going to complain. I know I would

in the same vein . . . how do I find out what my member number is? I have no idea how to navigate my way around that place properly and any communication from the website died with my old computer :(

in the same vein . . . how do I find out what my member number is? I have no idea how to navigate my way around that place properly and any communication from the website died with my old computer :(

You have to go into Zootopia. I looked under the users thing and searched till I found my screen name and I clicked on it and it said what it was.

You have to go into Zootopia. I looked under the users thing and searched till I found my screen name and I clicked on it and it said what it was.

:kiss: thanks lauramullen, now I know :yippie:

(have to say that was exhausting though! wouldn't let me see member number in my zootopia profile . . . had to scroll through user list . . . 787 pages and 28 minutes later I hit paydirt. . . :crazy: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom