U2.com gift for 2009 subscriptions / ALL U2.com Discussion / U2.com Re-Design

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, tell me about it. Funny how Baja said those messages are automatic but I didn't get one since my membership expired on December 2nd. Honestly, I'm not sure how much she really knows. At the end of November she was telling everyone they should definately not let their memberships expire, only to be told a week later not to worry about letting your memberships expire. So who knows.

It is past midnight on the 18th in Ireland and the UK, so my subscription should have expired (it's up on the 18th), but it's still working.

Maybe they'll put the beach clips on a CD and give them to us as a gift, so we can listen to unreleased NLOTH demos.

:hmm: I just got the message on u2.com when I logged in, so... without any hesitation, I renewed :uhoh:
Now I read I should have waited.. for what I wonder. I guess there is no harm done, and I didn't get any notification there would be a slane t-shirt or cd, just the membership so far.

This is a promising start, just a pre-taste of how things will get screwed up for the ticket sale?? I hope not :sad:

I just did the same thing. :doh:

I really hope they automatically send my gift anyway.

Won't it just be the audio from whatever last DVD was released. In this case, Popmart 1997?

They already released (a stripped down version of) that to Propaganda members around the time ATYCLB was released (it was called Hasta La Vista). If they re-release it, I am going to march to Dublin and protest personally.

Have I missed out on something? I reported in another thread that U2.com prompted me with a 30 day notice on my subscription after it said in Dec it delayed it to the revamp. The message I received offered the same gift as 2007 - U2 Go Home Double CD and T-shirt. I will renew for the sake of it but fuck the gift, they need to do better than offer repeat gifts! On second thought, I'll probably hold out in case they get their act straight.

Have I missed out on something? I reported in another thread that U2.com prompted me with a 30 day notice on my subscription after it said in Dec it delayed it to the revamp. The message I received offered the same gift as 2007 - U2 Go Home Double CD and T-shirt. I will renew for the sake of it but fuck the gift, they need to do better than offer repeat gifts! On second thought, I'll probably hold out in case they get their act straight.

They're not really offering you a repeat gift. You're getting the Slane gift AND the new one. Same as what happened last year with U2.Communication & the ZooSydney discs.

I renewed a couple of weeks ago (sometime after the first of the year), and even though I actually expired back in autumn, my renew charge was only $32. And, IIRC, there was a note that I'd be sent the "new" free gift (not the Slane CD/Shirt from last year). So it seemed as if all was taken care of.

I renewed a couple of weeks ago (sometime after the first of the year), and even though I actually expired back in autumn, my renew charge was only $32. And, IIRC, there was a note that I'd be sent the "new" free gift (not the Slane CD/Shirt from last year). So it seemed as if all was taken care of.

Right, I got the same deal but they sent me the Slane cd and tee. I hope I get the new gift!

I got an email stating I could wait to renew as they diligently work on revamping the site. It'll be $32 and I am also waiting and holding out to see what the new gift will be. Well, and to spare $32 also!:D

I got the message at login the other day as well... I think I'm going to go ahead and renew now and whatever happens with the gift happens. Don't want to get screwed with tickets.

I can find on the site where to order a gift subscription, but can't seem to find a link to renew... anyone? You would think they would make that pretty easy to find.

This is going to sound stupid, because I really AM a longtime U2 fan, but I always dismissed U2.com as being sort of a rubbish website, especially compared to other bands. It seems like U2.com was always frighteningly late with news, etc.

That seems to be changing.

My question is this: Is U2.com the official U2 fanclub? Do U2 do fanclub presales for their concerts? And can these presales be found through a U2.com membership?

I got the message at login the other day as well... I think I'm going to go ahead and renew now and whatever happens with the gift happens. Don't want to get screwed with tickets.

I can find on the site where to order a gift subscription, but can't seem to find a link to renew... anyone? You would think they would make that pretty easy to find.

Here's the link I used, hope it works! You'll have to login first, though.
U2.com | Login

I think the reason the renew link isn't easy to find is because they want to hold off people renewing for the moment. Until the new site is up (and maybe whatever other changes have taken place).

This is going to sound stupid, because I really AM a longtime U2 fan, but I always dismissed U2.com as being sort of a rubbish website, especially compared to other bands. It seems like U2.com was always frighteningly late with news, etc.

That seems to be changing.

My question is this: Is U2.com the official U2 fanclub? Do U2 do fanclub presales for their concerts? And can these presales be found through a U2.com membership?

Yes, U2.com is the official U2 site (fanclub). For the Vertigo Tour they did fanclub presales for their concerts. These were for those with a membership. Nobody knows if they do this again this time.

I know I shouldn't be getting wiggy but all this talk about renewals is making me :crazy:. . . renewed my membership in November 08 but just wondering where do I go to find out what my status is . . .been looking but clearly I'm blind ORRRR they're hiding it from me on purpose :)

Yes, Yes and Yes again.

I'm an existing U2.com member from day 1 and we have been told not to renew memberships yet. My membership was due to run out in December 08 but has been indefinately extended until the new site is up and running. They are also working on what the free gift will be for this years membership.

A tidbit of news from the Zootopia site: U2.com | terms
Quick update (PART II): If you renewed before the suspension of renewals or during this weekend, please DO NOT cancel your renewal until you hear from us.

Admin is awaiting word from Fanfire on how this will proceed. I do know that if you renewed before and got a double gift you WILL get the new gift.

As soon as we get word, we will inform you.

A tidbit of news from the Zootopia site: U2.com | terms

Yeah, they made it clear that if you got the double gift you'd still get the new one, but they hadn't yet addressed the idea of what would happen if you renewed right before the suspension. Nice to see that they're thinking about it.

I, like a lot of folks I'm sure, renewed right before the suspension announcement, and my membership year is ticking away while everyone else is getting free time.....:huh:

I renewed back at the end of Nov '08. The thought of everyone resubbing in the same week once the site offered the new package freaked me out. I'm in the double gifted group now. I ended up with Slane twice, but also got an email from u2.com saying that the new gift is mine as well when it is out. We'll see what happens.

I'm also curious Kennerado as to what people think. I'd like to become a member (I let my membership slide a few years ago), but I'd like to see what the new gift is. If i sign up now do I get the current gift or the new one... anyone know?

I plan on applying for a new membership purely for the ticket pre-sale benefit. If they don't offer pre-sale tickets, then I'll be pissed. Based on what everyone is saying, I guess I should wait until the site is redesigned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom