U2.com gift for 2009 subscriptions / ALL U2.com Discussion / U2.com Re-Design

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I can't get my webmail to work. I type in my username and password and it says login failed.

:kiss: thanks lauramullen, now I know :yippie:

(have to say that was exhausting though! wouldn't let me see member number in my zootopia profile . . . had to scroll through user list . . . 787 pages and 28 minutes later I hit paydirt. . . :crazy: )

Also, if you just post in a thread, once it posts, you rest the cursor over your username and it displays your number. You can do that with anyone's username when they post. You can just pick any thread and say hi, nobody would mind. :)

Does anybody know what member numbers they're up to? Mine is in the high 200,000s, and I've been a member for a few years. Do you know what I'm most worried about? That member numbers will be lost entirely when the site changes over.

Also, reason #438 why I hate Zootopia: they now allow video signatures. I left the forum open and left the room, and one of the videos started and scared my cat so badly he fell off the coffee table :angry:

That is my point exactly. Part of me thinks that won't be the case because I think it is your account number and I don't think that can change. Everyone has one even if they have a free membership.

I was one of those whose memberships were extended at the end of last year....have there been any updates as to what's going on? When/how should I renew?

Thanks. I want to make certain not to miss out on tickets!

Does anybody know what member numbers they're up to? Mine is in the high 200,000s, and I've been a member for a few years. Do you know what I'm most worried about? That member numbers will be lost entirely when the site changes over.

The member numbers are up in the mid 300,000's I think, at least, judging from some of those who post.

The only thing I'm fairly sure about what we'll keep during the change over is that we'll keep our usernames. In a thread discussing (complaining) about the switch, Baja posted that we would keep those, that it was something she "fought for"....whether that includes our numbers, I don't know.

Although, I know during the presale debacle, it was important to Larry that the older the member the better chance he wanted them to have to get tickets first. Whether it will make any difference or not is anybody's guess.

Also, reason #438 why I hate Zootopia: they now allow video signatures. I left the forum open and left the room, and one of the videos started and scared my cat so badly he fell off the coffee table :angry:

lmao! During Christmas, some people had slide shows with 'jingle bells' in the background, at first I couldn't figure out where the hell they were coming from.

*imagines frightened cat falling off coffee table*

I emailed them yesterday about the member numbers and I won't get a reply until 1-2 business days.

Also, if you just post in a thread, once it posts, you rest the cursor over your username and it displays your number. You can do that with anyone's username when they post. You can just pick any thread and say hi, nobody would mind. :)

:up: . . . think I'll do that, I was nearly blind after scrolling across so many pages . . . what a hoot!

Sheesh, I'm low 300000's ( :( ) and I'm a bit concerned about all this changeover bizzo too - specially considering my hub was a bit cranky that I bothered to renew at all . . . thinks its a HUGE waste of my hard earned cash :)

Sorry about your cat . . . but that made me :lol: . . . hope your kitties ok now though :)

I emailed them yesterday about the member numbers and I won't get a reply until 1-2 business days.

I did too!!! Great minds and all that :D

I'm having a hard time believing they're going to have seniority with the join date. This didn't factor in last time around, right? Didn't they just give a presale code to anyone who was a member at the time?

I"m wondering if I should even bother renewing? I NEVER go onto that site, but sadly it's the only way to get presale it seems.:|

U2.Com will be launching an improved site with new community features just in time for the release of No Line On The Horizon.

As it is not possible to export the content from our current message board, please take this opportunity to copy and save anything you want to keep including Posts, Profile Icons, Images, Messages, etc.

The team have been working hard to bring Zootopians a better online experience, so bear with us during the transition - and sorry for any inconvenience.

Also, a reminder on those of you with U2.Com accounts that were granted extensions while details of the new U2.Com offer were finalized: the extensions run until the end of February. Everyone should receive an email in the next few days.

Thanks

U2.COM Team

U2.Com will be launching an improved site with new community features just in time for the release of No Line On The Horizon.

As it is not possible to export the content from our current message board, please take this opportunity to copy and save anything you want to keep including Posts, Profile Icons, Images, Messages, etc.

The team have been working hard to bring Zootopians a better online experience, so bear with us during the transition - and sorry for any inconvenience.

Also, a reminder on those of you with U2.Com accounts that were granted extensions while details of the new U2.Com offer were finalized: the extensions run until the end of February. Everyone should receive an email in the next few days.

Thanks

U2.COM Team

Here's the latest (I think) email posted in the Zoo (I don't get the emails for some reason):

Dear ,

It's just a week until No Line on the Horizon is released but as a U2.Com Subscriber you can hear it streaming on the site right now. Take a listen to all eleven tracks here.

And with the launch of the new album, we've also got some changes coming for U2.com.

We'll be mailing you again with the detail but this is a heads up for those of you who spend time in community area, Zootopia, which is also getting a makeover.

The transition means we're going to lose access to the current Zootopia site - and it's not possible to automatically export all the content. So this is the moment to save your profile details and image, email messages and private messages, friends lists and other personal content you want to take to the new community area.

When we switch sites, the current U2.Com will be down for a few hours - but don't worry it'll be back and it'll be better!

thanks for your patience
U2.Com Team.

I've been saving screen shots of a few things, just for the memories. This sentence is interesting (and exciting?):

"When we switch sites, the current U2.Com will be down for a few hours - but don't worry it'll be back and it'll be better! "

We'll see. :)

I'm having a hard time believing they're going to have seniority with the join date. This didn't factor in last time around, right? Didn't they just give a presale code to anyone who was a member at the time?

Yes

What a trainwreck that site is.

Sorry but I dont get it. Interference has gone through site re-designs, server moves, software upgrades, and we've always managed to keep everyone's info, posts, etc.

:down:

I just got the email from U2.com today.

U2.Com // Listen In!

Sunday, February 22, 2009 3:00 PM

This sender is DomainKeys verified "U2.Com" <no-reply@u2.com>
Add sender to Contacts

To:
paullpbon@yahoo.com

If you are having problems viewing this email, CLICK HERE.

Dear laura,

It's just a week until No Line on the Horizon is released but as a U2.Com Subscriber you can hear it streaming on the site right now. Take a listen to all eleven tracks here.

And with the launch of the new album, we've also got some changes coming for U2.com.

We'll be mailing you again with the detail but this is a heads up for those of you who spend time in community area, Zootopia, which is also getting a makeover.

The transition means we're going to lose access to the current Zootopia site - and it's not possible to automatically export all the content. So this is the moment to save your profile details and image, email messages and private messages, friends lists and other personal content you want to take to the new community area.

When we switch sites, the current U2.Com will be down for a few hours - but don't worry it'll be back and it'll be better!

thanks for your patience
U2.Com Team.

opn.aspx
You are receiving this email because you opted into the U2.Com email list. If you would like to stop receiving emails from us, please click here to unsubscribe.

Maybe it will go up tomorrow - at least I get something from U2 for my birthday!

Good luck :happy:

I"m wondering if I should even bother renewing? I NEVER go onto that site, but sadly it's the only way to get presale it seems.:|

That's what I think too, but will renew anyways.

I checked my "number", and it looks like I'm in the 120,000-130,000 range. And yet to receive any emails, though I just changed some things in my profile, so we'll see how that goes. And I keep checking over there as well.

And you can turn off the signatures on that site. They were so ridiculous over there :crack:

Glad kitty is okay :giggle:

I like the picture signtures, as for the other ones I just turn off the sound on my computer.

Good luck :happy:

That's what I think too, but will renew anyways.

I checked my "number", and it looks like I'm in the 120,000-130,000 range. And yet to receive any emails, though I just changed some things in my profile, so we'll see how that goes. And I keep checking over there as well.

And you can turn off the signatures on that site. They were so ridiculous over there :crack:

Glad kitty is okay :giggle:

Is your spam guard on. Sometimes they might go to spam. The one that I did today did not.

Guys I'm upgrading my subscription and I have a choice between these two shirts which one should I get:

U2TF2322.jpg

and

U2TF2323.jpg

I'm leaning more towards the first one since it's kinda 'spontaneous'.

I don't think you can upgrade now. They are changing the site over and said not to do anything with your account. My friend did it a few weeks ago and it still hasn't registered her as a paid member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom