U2 Catalog: The Ultimate Ranking Survey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi all,

we currently have 12 of the 27 members onboard the distribution list. I know this method seems a bit cumbersome, but the ability to submit results anonymously (without posting them to a group) allows the subject to provide more honest answers. And, typically, that's a requisite for formal surveys (I'm a bit by-the-books).

For those of you who have already submitted your email, please check your inbox to ensure you *verified* your addition to the list. Google Groups sends a follow-up request to make sure someone didn't enroll you.

For those of you who have yet to subscribe, please send an email to u2poll+subscribe@googlegroups.com, enroll via the response email, and confirm via the follow-up request.

I will give roughly two weeks for the list to populate, but could send the survey out sooner, should the numbers grow to a solid amount. Additionally, I'm going to post this in the other threads!

Is there lag time between my request email and the response... I could be effing this all up, but I sent my request to the correct address... just here waiting to get verified... kind of like Ticketmaster Verified... (-: for those of us in the Innocence Group....

Yeah I'm presuming I cocked it up too. Are you able to list who's in to date?

You entered an ID name (display name) as kiwilad. I can see you're on the email list. But, not everyone has to enter a display name.

Is there lag time between my request email and the response... I could be effing this all up, but I sent my request to the correct address... just here waiting to get verified... kind of like Ticketmaster Verified... (-: for those of us in the Innocence Group....

PM me with your email address and I can verify if you're on or force-add you.

BWU2Buffs, I've sent you the invitation. If you don't receive it, I suggest checking your junk box.

intedomine, you're all good [emoji1360]

I will send an email, but what format is the survey coming in? I'm just a bit confused. Like will it be an online link?

No no, as mentioned earlier it's done on an excel sheet. I chose this because I wanted to deliver a comfortable grading environment for everyone (fully equipped with all of the info about the song). For most surveys I could've done it on google polls or survey monkey or something, but this is something that might ask you to do it over long periods of time. I imagine most people would take a break - URL surveys would run the risk of timing out.

But yeah, you'll get a blank excel sheet from the email list. I've rigged the email list so that when you reply to it, it should force reply to u2poll+owner@googlegroups.com. So when you submit the survey back to me, nobody else can see it.

Yeah, I'm being patient. We've spiked up to 18 now, just from this one notification. Again, I can't account for the other 9 who haven't acted yet, but I'm confident we will see the number continue to rise.

As for a new thread, we can worry about that in phases. For now, I'm going to encourage everyone who hasn't already done so to send an email to u2poll+subscribe@googlegroups.com if you want to participate.

Once enough members have signed up, we can migrate threads. But, cobbler, why do you think it might get lost? :0

Yeah I was going to suggest a new thread to publicise the method rather than having it buried in this one. But 18 so far is a good showing. :up:

What time limit are you thinking for this to be completed, out of interest?

I'm envisioning that the survey gets handed out by the end of this month or sooner, and everyone is given some minimum two weeks to maximum of "when x% of respondents" have submitted (depending upon how many people we get on the list).

Yeah I was going to suggest a new thread to publicise the method rather than having it buried in this one. But 18 so far is a good showing. :up:

Alright, will do. Will have a thread with all the details, with this one being more of the deliberation thread.

We can have

I. Introduction
II. Rules of the survey
III. List of songs (in spoiler)
IV. Access to uncommon material (YouTube playlist)
V. Explanation of survey delivery and methods, how to sign up
VI. List of participants (in spoiler)
VII. Procedures for submission
VIII. Topics to be examined (methods)

All in one post, sound good?

I checked my junk mail and nothing yet.

After sending an email to U2poll+subscribe@googlegroups.com you received nothing including no junk email? Or you haven't received anything from the group yet? Because I haven't sent anything on the mailing list yet.

If you have failed to get subscription confirmation, please send me your email address via PM

Back
Top Bottom