U2 Black Friday RSD 12" Single Release Is.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Partyslammer

War Child
The RSD vinyl release will be a 12" single of Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me. The double "A" side vinyl will include both the original version of the song and the 2018 remix currently being used on the tour intermission video.

Perhaps this means they are holding back the Red Flag Day/Love Is Bigger recorded live in Third Man Studios earlier this year for the next U2.com sub gift.

I’ll pick this one up. I really like the remix and would love to have a high-quality version of the song.

I’ve always loved ’hold me thrill me’, was the first song that really caught my attention (I was 13 y/o when it came out) but to choose a song that’s 23 + yrs old and they’re not even playing live on this tour is questionable. What are they going for here? Now if they started actually playing it again then I get it. Is this a way of thanking Gavin Friday?

Ooh thanks for that--it's... interesting. Honestly I'm not sure what I think of it hah... The verses leave a little something to be desired, but I'm diggin' the chorus vocals.

Last edited:
U2 Black Friday RSD 12" Single Release Is.....

to choose a song that’s 23 + yrs old and they’re not even playing live on this tour is questionable. What are they going for here? Now if they started actually playing it again then I get it. Is this a way of thanking Gavin Friday?

Read using the movie trailer guy voice:

“From the band that gave gave you their 2013 smash Ordinary Love on their 2017 album...the band that so generously gave their fans not 1, not 2 but 3! 30 year old remixes that they already had as a fan gift....the band who delayed their long awaited 2016 first single “You’re The Best Thing About Me” an entire year to ensure their music fit the new political climate and connected with the younger generation and released instead the politically charged version of “You’re the best thing about me” complete with “a boy”, comes the song you have been waiting 23 years to hear......again”

Coming soon “Groundhog Day” the U2 release you thought you heard and owned but maybe didn’t because it’s coming out again....

7000 is a lot. I'm sure it'll be readily available on sale afterwards. I saw some Lights of Home copies in a store over labor day for like $15.

Anyone know if that blue Zooropa LP is going to be available in stores or is it only online? $50 once you add in shipping and taxes...noooooo thanks.

Just picked this up, its a nice looking record and great to have an official release.

There's some on eBay already for twice the RRP, but most record stores will put unsold stock onsale at midnight tonight.

Great looking record and I love the vinyl sleeve inside. Best record store day release in a while

Just ordered the JT Gold and Zooropa Blue.

A coworker told me that the colored vinyl doesn't sound as good as the usual black vinyl. I'm inexperienced in this matter, but I wouldn't have guessed the color would affect sound quality.

Now, I can imagine vinyl with images printed on the surface would, or at least might, have a poorer quality.

Regardless, these were too cool to pass up. The big question . . to open or not to open . . .

My local record store had about a dozen copies this week days after RSD. Although I think the graphics on the cover are beyond ugly, it's a nice package. The cover text is embossed, the record is in a black poly lined sleeve and there's a second full color sleeve with illustrations from the tour video laid out in comic book style panels as well as another one-sheet w/the lyrics and credits.

The record itself is a clean, flat pressing. The A-side which is the original mix sounds great, remastered like everything else U2 has re-released the past decade with a bit more low end and the volume slightly higher, but no brickwalling, etc. The B-side which is the newer remix, had some surface noise. I like, but don't love the remix, I prefer the drums/percussion to the instantly dated drum sound on the original mix but the new mix needed more guitar.

Just ordered the JT Gold and Zooropa Blue.

A coworker told me that the colored vinyl doesn't sound as good as the usual black vinyl. I'm inexperienced in this matter, but I wouldn't have guessed the color would affect sound quality.

Now, I can imagine vinyl with images printed on the surface would, or at least might, have a poorer quality.

Regardless, these were too cool to pass up. The big question . . to open or not to open . . .

The argument between coloured and black vinyl really is about personal choice. The only thing that has any basis in science re a difference between the two is that coloured vinyl has no black carbon which makes it less durable, and won’t last as long.

Picture discs however don’t have “images printed on them” - the image sits below ta thin layer of clear vinyl. Grooves aren’t as deep, and are inconsistent. They are also waaaaay less durable than colour.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that dan.

I have a copy of this 2018 RSD coming in the mail from overseas. Can anyone help with a quality rip? It would be appreciated.

I worries. I couldn’t edit my post on my phone (forum UI not playing with new iOS) - I wanted to clarify the clear layer of “vinyl” on a picture disc is actually more akin to plastic, and it doesn’t have the same re-play properties of proper vinyl.

The argument between coloured and black vinyl really is about personal choice. The only thing that has any basis in science re a difference between the two is that coloured vinyl has no black carbon which makes it less durable, and won’t last as long.

Picture discs however don’t have “images printed on them” - the image sits below ta thin layer of clear vinyl. Grooves aren’t as deep, and are inconsistent. They are also waaaaay less durable than colour.

Hope this helps.

It does indeed. Thanks!

Does anyone have a digital copy they could send me? I own the vinyl so it would be legit.
Thanks,
Ken
ken (dash) nelson (at) comcast (dot) net

Back
Top Bottom