U2 "b-sides" appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
boomerang 1
walk to the water
alex descends into hell for a bottle of milk / korova 1
salome
60 seconds in the kingdom come
luminous times (hold on to love)
lady with the spinning head (extended dance mix)

those are the first favourites that come to mind. but really, most of the b-sides are pretty good. there's some clunkers, but for the most part it's all at least listenable. and then there's twilight.

Bono wrote it for Ali, who was pregnant and feeling rather insecure about her size. Context is good sometimes...

There's rumors that Bono actually wrote it for some brazilian girl he met at a party when they came here in 2001.

that would've been awfully hard to do, given that the single it was on was released in january 2001 and was a leftover from pop, which came out in 97.

Maybe it was 2000 and I was talking only about the lyrics :wink::wink:
... but I guess it's just wrong info that I had. :shifty: :D

There were TONS of great b-sides in the 1980's and early 1990's. I wish that they'd do that again! Real extra tunes that may have not fit the mood of an album but were still in many ways - great!

Touch, Things to Make and Do, Three Sunrises, Spanish Eyes, Luminous Times, Walk To the Water, Lady With The Spinning Head, Where Did It All Go Wrong all immediately come to mind.

Even the NYD and Two Hearts Beat As One US Remix were pretty great as, unlike most DJ-like mixes since, they added to the song and didn't detract from what made them great to begin with.

Come one, for all that have all the singles or have them on The Complete U2 iTunes set, how many have given all the Discotheque or Lemon mixes repeat or regular plays?

..:: U2 Discography of Official Releases by U2 Wanderer.Org ::.. - is a great site to further explore all albums, singles, promos etc. Highly recommended.

Back
Top Bottom