U2 at the EMA'S???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rennowba

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I remember reading that there was a rumour that u2 were playing at the ema's. Is this true as the EMA's are on Sunday?surely they would have been announced by now?

I have not heard, but that would help explain the heavy promo in Europe before beginning in the US at all.

I think the rumour started after the last promo they did.

Didnt someone say u2's gear at EMA stamped on it and was heading to Glasgow?

Didnt someone say u2's gear had EMA stamped on it and was heading to Glasgow?

Hope they blast the audience. This is Where You Can Reach Me Now is the kind of tune that, if well performed, can make the headlines.

No idea but it will be either The Miracle or Every Breaking Wave(full band perhaps????)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Um, I think I might watch MTV again for the first time in years for that. I stopped watching any of the crap MTV is showing these days when they stopped playing Music. So yes, excited for U2, even though I'm not sure the MTV audience is the right audience for the band.

I wanna see Bono come out like a boxer just like he did for Mofo? the youngsters in the crowd would be like WTF ?

Looks like Ozzy is receiving an icon award, so maybe Bono sends him and Sharon a copy of SOI :wink:

It would be really cool if he said something sarcastic in their direction :wink:

And yes, though I love EBW acoustic, I agree about wanting to hear a full band performance for the EMA. I think U2 know that this stage, audience and program isn't exactly the best place to play a stripped-down version of a song. They should pull out Volcano or, even better, Crystal Ballroom

I just saw an ad for it on TV (Comedy Central, not MTV) and they listed half a dozen performing artists, and no U2. But that might be more of a reflection of U2 not really being much of a draw rather than a definitive listing.

I just saw an ad for it on TV (Comedy Central, not MTV) and they listed half a dozen performing artists, and no U2. But that might be more of a reflection of U2 not really being much of a draw rather than a definitive listing.

U2 have only been announced today so those adverts would have been made long before u2 had been confirmed

Out of interest who else is on? Nikki minaj is hosting it :)

U2 have only been announced today so those adverts would have been made long before u2 had been confirmed

Out of interest who else is on? Nikki minaj is hosting it :)

Ah, somehow missed the 'official' word, thought it was still just rumour. Who else is on? Ed Sheeran, Calvin Harris etc.

Bono needs to take this performance by the balls. He needs to be in your face proper showman rockstar.

Thing is as much as i love EBW acoustic if they perform this then it wont give Bono the chance to be the showman.

Hm, taking it by the balls makes me think of Boots at the Grammys, a retread of which I think we can do without. He has a very fine line to walk, to look fucking awesome without being too Bono-y. I'd be stressed if I were them. You could see Edge giving him a little anxious side-eye during the chat on the Graham Norton show, and I'm sure they all know the pressure will be on.

Back
Top Bottom