U2 at the Apollo Theater, NYC - June 11th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. Angel of Harlem
2. American Soul
3. Vertigo
4. In a Little While

Encore:
5. Vertigo

They absolutely need to play New York IMO. I've always loved how that song sounded live and the version from Irving Plaza is amazing. Probably not a chance in hell but it'd be sweet.

They didn't play a new song called California at any of the I&E shows in that state, including 5 shows in LA.

Don't hold your breath.

So it turns out this show didn't happen after all? U2 Inglewood, 2015-05-26, The Forum, Innocence + Experience Tour - U2 on tour

3 of California's 7 live performances have been in California. It's just that two of them were the Roxy and Salesforce.

In general I take your point. U2 have not yet taken New York as a "location song" like Spanish Eyes or One Tree Hill.

Another Forum show I didn't make it to. :angry:

I was aware of the Roxy appearance. Which made most of us think it was going to get more exposure at the Forum shows. Not so fast!

I'm still awaiting their triumphant return to Kunstmuseam

SiriusXM will have a U2 channel during the month of June, so yay. Looks like concert will be broadcast on the 13th, if I recall correctly.

Excited to have even a temporary channel.

I have access to none of these things and am counting on you, the internet, to make this available for me to pirate and enjoy illegally. I believe in you.

Do any Sirius members know if the email about this has gone out yet? I have a bad habit of trashing my Sirius emails without reading them, but I looked through my trash and couldn't find anything about U2.

About entering? Just go to siriusxm.com/u2. Contest is open til the 4th so there wouldn't be any other emails yet.

U2 haven't had their own channel on Sirius since Nov. 2004 when Atomic Bomb came out. Back then, it was only for the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. It will be nice to have it for a month.

Adam in the latest Rolling Stone interview when asked about the Apollo show:

“That's going to be real old school. We're trying to look at songs we can do in a stripped-down production and musical setting. ... Edge has got some radical ideas."

Get ready for that kick ass old school acoustic U2 that originally got you hooked on the band! If we are lucky, maybe they will use pre-recorded/canned instruments on songs like LOH...oh the possibilities.

In all seriousness if they do a stripped down show (which I interpret to mean acoustic) and they don’t bring in a mini-orchestra ala the BBC special, then this is going to be one bland ass show.

Back
Top Bottom