U2 at Elvis Costello's Spectacle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought the mash-up at the end was the best part, even though I don't like GOYB very much. I loved the energy of it.

I love EC so much that it was a thrill just to see him sit down and chat with Bono and Edge - let alone perform with them. It's a shame we didn't get "Alison" though. Wasn't there some other stuff performed that also wasn't shown?

(Edited because I just checked back earlier in the thread and remembered EC and his band did Dirty Day and Please. Wish we could have seen that too.)

if you live in Canada, it's on CTV tonight.. 10pm EST

I would put it on youtube, but sadly I do not have the capability :reject:

Bono & Edge on Spectacle with Elvis Costello

Hi There,

Does anyone have the video to this episode for those who do get the Sundance Channel? Would be much appreciated.

Happy Holidays!!:D

That was all I'd hoped for and more. One of their best tv appearances ever. Elvis is a great interviewer. I could have watched them chatting for hours.

Rosa, I get what you mean about Stay, it wasn't the smoothest delivery he's ever done, but I thought it was phenomenal nonetheless. It was really emotive, and that made up for it for me. I don't know if this is going to make any sense at all, but he seemed to be super restrained on the verses, and I wonder if that has to do with the small size and intimacy of the studio. It's like...he kind of didn't let his voice soar, and in trying to be more intimate, you hear the flaws. But, the flaws are endearing. I have no idea if I'm explaining this right, but it makes sense in my head. :reject:

Torrent, anyone? I want to watch it again. :scream:

:wink:

VP I agree with you about Bono's performance. They were performing the 360 tour singing to the huge crowd he seems like he is stifled and uncomfortable with the small venue. I do think the song was amazing though.

VP I agree with you about Bono's performance. They were performing the 360 tour singing to the huge crowd he seems like he is stifled and uncomfortable with the small venue. I do think the song was amazing though.

Yay, someone gets me, I'm not insane! :)

Yeah, it was recorded the day before the two Toronto shows, which was just after the Chicago shows. I don't know, it seems to me that the transition from a huge stadium to a tiny studio would be weird.

I created a private torrent with a DVD of the show that I captured with my DVD recorder. It has commercials and all. If anyone wants it PM me and I'll send you a send space link with the torrent file. It's about 2gig.

This is a work in progress so I'll see if the tracker works when someone starts downloading. If it doesn't work I might have to adjust the torrent file.

ETA: It doesn't work right now. I'm going to fool around with it a little later and I'll post again.

PS. Bono sounded better listening to it on my crappy TV :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom