U2 and MTV EMA Discussion 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talk about this totally drunk moron David Hasselhoff instead. Now THIS is discussed in the media here a lot.....

yeah... let's!! That was (aside from U2 winning the best live act) THE BEST thing about the whole MTV show... :applaud:
What a fool...

I can comment later. Haven't heard the song, yet.

You're right. I just know the new Bon Jovi song that's played on the radio constantly, and it's boring. All of their songs sound the same these days. I used to like them a lot but today they just make me :yawn:

Anyway, I'm sure it will still be a good live show. Have fun :wave:

I liked their older stuff. Haven't heard of their new material yet. Let's see.

U2s show was great!! Great video projection on Brandenburger.

Apart from this, they should consider never showing up at teh awards ceremony anymore. They are taking MTV too serious. Did you see the show? It was just embarassing.

But for U2, it was maybe their best performance on a MTV show. aLthough this was also bloody amazing! -->

YouTube - U2 - PLEASE live in Rotterdam

I wanted to post the MOFO video, even better! But cannot find it...:sad:

Is anyone starting to get the impression that in the eyes of the media - U2 can no longer do anything right. They seem to fall on their faces over and over again - tax exile, McGuinness' comments on internet piracy, the Cashman(?) trial, 'poor' album sales and now a small show in Berlin. I dunno, it just starts to piss me off.

On the plus side of course, I thought NLOTH was great and the tour is the most impressive in touring history. So maybe its not all bad

Is anyone starting to get the impression that in the eyes of the media - U2 can no longer do anything right. They seem to fall on their faces over and over again - tax exile, McGuinness' comments on internet piracy, the Cashman(?) trial, 'poor' album sales and now a small show in Berlin. I dunno, it just starts to piss me off.

On the plus side of course, I thought NLOTH was great and the tour is the most impressive in touring history. So maybe its not all bad
I think it's just jealousy. U2 are one of the biggest bands in the world and the media always has a go at things, groups people that have so much impact.

In the eyes of the media? No. In the eyes of people Interference? Yes. I rarely ever hear about those things in the media. I only hear about them here in the forums in various threads.

Hey Keith, at the Fest of Freedom celebrating 20 years of the falling of the wall they erected walls again!

Who is the worst person in the world now? The city of Berlin?

Back
Top Bottom