U2 all week on jimmy fallon starting nov 17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I planned a trip to New York back in June and looked everyday to see when Fallon tickets went "on sale"(tickets are free). The released them one day while I was at work and when I got home I checked and all the tickets for November were gone. I was pretty bummed out but not devestated.

When it was announced U2 is playing the Tonight Show five nights in a row while I am in NYC and only 3 blocks from my hotel my heart sank. I had tried for tickets to the show before it was even announced that U2 would be playing so now it feels like the universe just kicked me in the nuts. I'm still gutted about this but will have a few chances to get in if I can get standby tickets and a ircle happens where some people don't show up.

Maybe U2.com will be nice enough to invite some people to the show. Sorta like what they did in February.

Ok, I can keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best :pray: I would love to see them in that small intimate setting.

Anyway, I hope it works out that you are able to see the show.

I'd guess Friday is the big day.

I disagree. Friday is the LEAST likely day they would run something important, because it has the smallest audience. In the United States, Jimmy Fallon is the only major talk-show host who does a Friday-night episode. All of the others either air reruns or run entirely different programming.

My guess is that Fallon will emphasize U2 on Monday, Nov. 17, and he'll say, "We've got some great stuff planned with U2 later this week, so be sure to tune in every night."

I'd guess Friday is the big day.

I disagree. Friday is the LEAST likely day they would run something important, because it has the smallest audience. In the United States, Jimmy Fallon is the only major talk-show host who does a Friday-night episode. All of the others either air reruns or run entirely different programming.

My guess is that Fallon will emphasize U2 on Monday, Nov. 17, and he'll say, "We've got some great stuff planned with U2 later this week, so be sure to tune in every night."

Fair enough, I didn't knew that.

So, I'll go with:

M: EBW (Acoustic)
T: California, Volcano or the Miracle.
W: California, Volcano or the Miracle.
T: One of the old songs, One or Beautiful Day
F: California, Volcano, the Miracle or the Crystal Ballroom

If 80s Bono doesn't duet with Neil Young then it's a waste of a week
:lol:
he could also instead duet w Springsteen... :hmm: :D

1) EBW the original live version from last tour
2) EBW the full band new version
3) 5 minute lecture on how they improved EBW.
4) EBW acoustically
5) Takes requests from the crowd. Ignores them all and instead plays a dubstep version of "Freedom For My People" (Deep Cut off Rattle and Hum).

:lol::lol:

#3 :lmao:

Hey, I know that cut:D
but ooo dubstep! :up:

Nobody really watches late night shows anymore. Fallon is the "leader" and be pulls just over a 1 share. Fallon is huge on social media and the YouTube's though, so it's a good choice...even though it's kinda dick to not give the courtesy to Letterman in his final season considering all the times he's had them on before.

kind of agree with you there...

ah the NLOTH 4 day week at Letterman was glorious! :hyper::love:

GOOD LUCK, Hallucination!
Hope you can get in! :up:

I'm not gonna try and parse the order
but I know I'd LOVE to hear Crystal Ballroom, Iris, can't quite decide between Volcano and California

oh yeah and Reach

Def want to hear The Miracle of course, and something older would be good, too.

I don't have the CD (and no I don't have a working computer at the moment to have Dl it) so I YT the CD on line but with time limits only gotten mostly the first half.
Now I'll have more time to spotlight the 2nd half.

Just saw that Benedict Cumberbatch is the primary guest on Monday ... the first night of U2's residency on The Tonight Show. Hope he Cumberbombs them again!

Jimmy seems to be a true fan of just about every guest he has

Jimmy's going to put the moves on Elaine

Don't Touch Jimmy!

Jimmy's down!!!

George likes his chicken spicy

elaine-little-kicks.gif

The best sequence of posts in Inteference history! :up:

I got excited for a moment because I thought it was U2 who were going to do a Lip Sync Challenge, not people lip-syncing to The Miracle. :lol:

That means The Miracle is guaranteed for next week's live performances. There goes one slot.

I got excited for a moment because I thought it was U2 who were going to do a Lip Sync Challenge, not people lip-syncing to The Miracle. :lol:

That means The Miracle is guaranteed for next week's live performances. There goes one slot.

You say that as if you thought there was a possibility they wouldn't play The Miracle. Pretty sure that and EBW are guaranteed to be played. the question is what other 3 will they play?

They're going to be on all 5 days, but it's not going to be the U2 show for 5 days.

I think the best shot for two songs is on Friday... maybe Monday as well, but more likely just Friday.

Interview will likely be Friday as well.

They've done this type of thing before... There was a Springsteen week where Bruce played two days and guest artists covered Bruce classics the other nights. He played one song Monday and played two songs, plus a skit and an interview on Friday.

Actually it's been confirmed that U2 will be participating in skits and games so yeah they will be involved all week for more than just performances. It is kinda U2 week in that sense. I agree with you if they play twice in one show Friday is most likely. My guess is they save The Miracle for Friday. Maybe we'll get a sit down acoustic performance of Song for Someone that night too.

I'll stick with my originla prediction minus Iris

Monday - Volcano
Tuesday - California
Wednesday - Crystal Ballroom(would be great)
Thursday - Every Breaking Wave (acoustic)
Friday - Song for Someone (acoustic) & The Miracle

GOOD LUCK, Hallucination!
Hope you can get in! :up:
THANKS!!

Maybe U2.com will be nice enough to invite some people to the show. Sorta like what they did in February.

Ok, I can keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best :pray: I would love to see them in that small intimate setting.

Anyway, I hope it works out that you are able to see the show.

That would be incredible! I'd love to see them on the roof. It's kinda funny cause I've seen them multiple times from the front row so it's not like I'd be any closer in that setting but it would just be once in a life time unique experience. The sad part is there are going to be a lot of people who will be in the crowd for those shows who could probably care less and would be glad to see Jimmy Fallon anytime. There will also probably be people who don't even like U2 in the crowd haha. Oh well. Yeah my fingers are crossed I can figure it out and manage "tickets'

Actually it's been confirmed that U2 will be participating in skits and games so yeah they will be involved all week for more than just performances. It is kinda U2 week in that sense. I agree with you if they play twice in one show Friday is most likely. My guess is they save The Miracle for Friday. Maybe we'll get a sit down acoustic performance of Song for Someone that night too.

I'll stick with my originla prediction minus Iris

Monday - Volcano
Tuesday - California
Wednesday - Crystal Ballroom(would be great)
Thursday - Every Breaking Wave (acoustic)
Friday - Song for Someone (acoustic) & The Miracle

Actually, it hasn't been confirmed. It's been assumed. And it's a good assumption. But it's still not going to be all U2 all the time for the entire week.

That's all I was saying, as some are getting ridiculous with their predictions of 2 to 3 songs per night. That's just not happening.

THANKS!!

That would be incredible! I'd love to see them on the roof. It's kinda funny cause I've seen them multiple times from the front row so it's not like I'd be any closer in that setting

As someone who's been in the front row and saw them on the roof of 30 Rock? Yea... It is like you'd be closer.

It was more like going to a U2 tribute band show than a U2 show... the "stage" was just a small riser and you were less than a foot away from them if you were in the front row, 3 to 5 feet back if you were in the back. And the view...

It was brief, and cold... but amazing.

As someone who's been in the front row and saw them on the roof of 30 Rock? Yea... It is like you'd be closer.

It was more like going to a U2 tribute band show than a U2 show... the "stage" was just a small riser and you were less than a foot away from them if you were in the front row, 3 to 5 feet back if you were in the back. And the view...

It was brief, and cold... but amazing.

Wow, thanks for sharing Headache in a Suitcase. It looked like an "unforgettable experience" for sure.

I think we'll likely hear the same 5 songs we heard them play on the European TV shows.

- The Miracle
- Every Breaking Wave
- California
- Song for Someone
- Volcano

If we hear an unexpected song from SOI, my bet would be on Iris.

One night, likely Friday, they may get two songs and pull out one of the old classics.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I don't know, I think we'll see the debut of another song next week. I wouldn't be surprised if they went the "safe" route, though.

Back
Top Bottom