U2 albums ranked - deadspin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, maybe only 4 songs off NLOTH are worth getting hit by 200 trucks carrying the claw over, but not sure how any right-minded person would put Under a Blood Red Sky as the top U2 album.

I wonder why is NLOTH is so hated by a lot of people if its not that bad. sure, they made the wrong choices of making GOYB and crazy tonight as the singles but I hardly hear that any one likes that album.

I wonder why is NLOTH is so hated by a lot of people if its not that bad. sure, they made the wrong choices of making GOYB and crazy tonight as the singles but I hardly hear that any one likes that album.

I gave two copies to two people as gifts -- people that would never buy a U2 album.

They both liked it a lot.

Great album imo! Magnificent, Unknown caller, White as snow, Fez, Moments of surrender. Like it a lot.

Yep, to me every song on No Line is solid. Great album. Impossible for me to rank U2 albums after Achtung and Pop (if I include live versions of the Pop songs)

Yep, to me every song on No Line is solid. Great album. Impossible for me to rank U2 albums after Achtung and Pop (if I include live versions of the Pop songs)

Stand Up Comedy is solid? It has to be the worst thing they ever committed to tape...

A live album is their best album? lolwut

NLOTH does not deserve being shafted so much.

Deadspin is not incredibly relevant anymore since Gawker was taken down. They are now mostly annoying shills who are way to lefty even for a liberal like me (they are also associated with a site called Splinter which openly advocates for communism in really annoying, patronizing and snarky ways). They do more to help their opposition than they realize (or care to acknowledge). It's all just shock value and snarky click bait hot takes.

Deadspin writer Drew Magary thinks he's a genius but I have yet to find what he's actually good at.

Last edited:
Not way off my own rankings, honestly, but NLOTH could be about five spots higher. Nice to see Zooropa coming back into favor.

I used to think Red Light was U2s worst song but over the years I have come to not mind the track compared to others :)

Stand Up Comedy is solid? It has to be the worst thing they ever committed to tape...

Definitely.

I'm not a fan of American Soul and was thinking it was one of my least favourite songs they've ever done, then I had a listen to NLOTH and realised that American Soul is like Gimme Shelter compared to SUC.

Boy and UF deserve to be higher if you ask me, but it's not a bad list.

not sure how any right-minded person would put Under a Blood Red Sky as the top U2 album.

I actually think it's cool. Gives the list some real personality. It's fucking boring how so many rags it's really just a question of whether they put Achtung or JT first. Yawn.

Also, back when I was an obsessive teenager who included random shit like UABRS in his rankings, it was definitely right up there. Meant a lot to me in those days, and despite its shortcomings (why a sterile mix of 11OTT when the Red Rocks version slays, and even that Boston one sounds better on bootleg!) it is the best document of live U2 that they've released officially.

If Achtung is not 1 or 2...you know there's already a problem....

:rolleyes:

Guess my own list has a problem then.

Yeah, I still think NLOTH is the best post-90's U2 album. And I'm right!

I never put on ATYCLB or HTDAAB anymore, but I still play NLOTH. I enjoyed all those albums, but NLOTH wins easily, and I think its because it began as an album where they let themselves mess around and just play rather than trying to design an important radio-friendly album- even though they second guessed themselves in the end.

SOI, has its moments, but for me.... it's lesser U2.

Back
Top Bottom