U2 albums planned for 2009 remasters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you know i listened to the JT "remaster" and the regular with headphones, they both sound identical to me. and i have good ears. and even if there is some difference im not picking up, is it really worth spending money for? i just dont get the whole "remaster" thing, why not just release a bonus material cd with a concert DVD?

oh yeah $$$$ thats why

I just couldn't ignore this...."oh yeah $$$$ thats why" ?!?! How so exactly? Are they forcing you to buy it? If anything, they're just doing a favor to those who actually want to listen to these remasters....If you don't think it's worth spending the money for, then don't buy it! Simple as that. Your attitude really makes very little sense.

TUF will be something special

Album remastered (MFSL version)
Bonus disc is probably WAIA with the other b-sides (either that or outtakes and WAIA is separate)
DVD probably Dortmund and some docos or music vids

If I remember correctly...wasn't the band thinking of releasing more UF live material but got frustrated by perfectionism and settled for the two live cuts on WAIA? Seems like there was an aborted project there or something? Anyone?

Regardless, there has to be a bunch of UF live stuff in the tank that could be mixed at this point, right?

If I remember correctly...wasn't the band thinking of releasing more UF live material but got frustrated by perfectionism and settled for the two live cuts on WAIA? Seems like there was an aborted project there or something? Anyone?

Regardless, there has to be a bunch of UF live stuff in the tank that could be mixed at this point, right?

Correct.

Maybe WAIA will be fucked in the ear, and they will keep LCT and TTS for the bsides disc of TUF, and WAIA will be a live cd of TUF Tour cuts

Oh dear... and ASOH isn't even live. It's from a soundcheck. And I'm not sure that Bad is 100% live either. It sounds too 'perfect'.

I've got plenty of UF shows and surely there's heaps of good material there that they could have picked from. Don't understand their search for perfectionism. I love those UF shows.

I find this really difficult to believe with a Tour, new Album & another Album slated for release by the Holidays for them to release (3) Remastered cd's & (2) of them in the JT format with a recession going on.....I guess Bono wants to take the World broke one last time before a Giant Collapse happens. Does anyone have any idea what a true fan could be shelling out in the states for all this, let's see:

NLOTH Box Set $65.00
NLOTH Magazine $35.00
NLOTH digi $22.00
NLOTH LP $20.00
NLOTH CD 10.00
Tour $30.00-$250.00 per tix
UF Remaster $40.00
AB Master $40.00
WAIA $20.00

And I can't do the newer album yet becuase I don't how many formats there may be......lol

Any you'll also probably buy the remasters on LP aswell and single CD (aswell as the deluxe version), and at least 3 formats of any new album should it arrive! Chalk up at least another €200 to your list!!

U2 Ipod

I'll probably have these

NLOTH Box Set $65.00
NLOTH Magazine $35.00
NLOTH digi $22.00

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone on U2Tours.de, via U2start.com found this today:

"While cleaning a bag from the Merchandising-Stand in Barcelona fell in the hands of the author of this text with this on the back: Coming October 2009 The Unforgettable Fire 25th Anniversary Edition
Beneath it is also written that there will be a Super Deluxe, Deluxe, CD, Vinyl and a Download Version with B-Sides, rare and unreleased songs as well as videos and movie footage.
But it is unknown if this information is relating on TUF or the old Remsters which are also shown on this bag. Looking on the photo it will have the size of TJT Box-Set."

Interesting...:hmm:

"While cleaning a bag from the Merchandising-Stand in Barcelona fell in the hands of the author of this text with this on the back: Coming October 2009 The Unforgettable Fire 25th Anniversary Edition
Beneath it is also written that there will be a Super Deluxe, Deluxe, CD, Vinyl and a Download Version with B-Sides, rare and unreleased songs as well as videos and movie footage.
But it is unknown if this information is relating on TUF or the old Remsters which are also shown on this bag. Looking on the photo it will have the size of TJT Box-Set."

:up:

from what i remember, Achtung Baby remaster comes out in September, so i wonder if UF will come out at the same time.

Ive only bought one remaster (The Joshua Tree) and to my ear, i cant hear any difference. I am wondering if this is because i have decent audio equipment? I must admit...i was expecting a vibrant and 3 dimensional sound, and it just didnt happen for me.
Anyone else experience similar?

Ive only bought one remaster (The Joshua Tree) and to my ear, i cant hear any difference. I am wondering if this is because i have decent audio equipment? I must admit...i was expecting a vibrant and 3 dimensional sound, and it just didnt happen for me.
Anyone else experience similar?

Listen to Exit and Mothers of the Disappeared, those are the two tracks that have the biggest difference. Plus the whole album is A LOT louder overall, I don't know how you can't notice that

Plus the whole album is A LOT louder overall, I don't know how you can't notice that

Remastering an album isnt about making it louder....its about bringing the different dynamic ranges to the fore. Even if it was louder, am not going to notice, as i will still listen to it at the same volume as the previous version:huh:
Having a good audio setup can let you pick up a lot of detail you might otherwise miss. So....I guess am saying, i havent heard anything new to my ear. Al maybe buy the older recordings and see if i can hear a difference.

Remastering an album isnt about making it louder....its about bringing the different dynamic ranges to the fore. Even if it was louder, am not going to notice, as i will still listen to it at the same volume as the previous version:huh:

But you will notice as if you play it at the same volume level it will be louder, and if you lower the volume to make it play at the same level it won't be the same as there is increased dynamic range compression and clipping on it, meaning that the volume difference is noticable overall and really effects the sound.

Again listen to Exit and Mothers of the Disappeared closely, those are the two tracks with the biggest differences, and I'm not just talking about volume levels. With good quality headphones you should be able to hear the differences in the other tracks too.

I'm actually surprised by the quality of the U2 remasters even for all the crappy clipping they introduced to the songs, overall they do sound a good bit better...then again the original vinyls are probably what sound best

UFboxsetP1030315.jpg

Woah. I never buy Giant DVD Poster Deluxe crap but I may just have to. U2's live playing circa early 80s + the songs off UF has to = awesome.

Holy shit. :drool:

No, you're wrong.

...Holy Fuckin' Shit!!! :wink:

And by now, you all realise that come Oct. 28th (when I finally get to see them :D), the setlist will have 6-7 tracks from the UF in it. :drool:

Of course, this is just wishful thinking, but maybe a night with Pride, the Unforgettable Fire, MLK, and Bad could really happen. :hyper:

I can't wait for the Pop remaster. It would be sweet if they "finished" it like they always said they wished they had. They could release a two-disc set - the original and the "finished".

Back
Top Bottom