U2 albums planned for 2009 remasters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
YEAH, I'm totally looking forward to the TUF remaster, because it's one of my favourite albums of all time.

But I want the NEW U2 album first! :wink:

Excuse me... I love TUF as much as the next guy (I'm listening to it right now)... but why is no one as excited about Achtung Baby?

Excuse me... I love TUF as much as the next guy (I'm listening to it right now)... but why is no one as excited about Achtung Baby?

Oh I am. But I don't like getting false hope too early so I'll await a proper announcement first.

:drool: AB :drool:

AB and Pop will be the only remasters I'll get, besides that I already got JT.

you know i listened to the JT "remaster" and the regular with headphones, they both sound identical to me. and i have good ears. and even if there is some difference im not picking up, is it really worth spending money for? i just dont get the whole "remaster" thing, why not just release a bonus material cd with a concert DVD?

oh yeah $$$$ thats why

Wow honestly I could hear quite a big difference in the remastered JT compared to the old one. Especially certain songs, but for me it was worth buying.

you know i listened to the JT "remaster" and the regular with headphones, they both sound identical to me. and i have good ears. and even if there is some difference im not picking up, is it really worth spending money for? i just dont get the whole "remaster" thing, why not just release a bonus material cd with a concert DVD?

oh yeah $$$$ thats why

You're kidding, right?

The JT remaster CD is way better than the original. I don't even listen to the original CD any more because the sound quality wasn't good. Just try to turn it up loud.

All the remastered editions were great, with the bonus material and stuff.
And the old albums definitely needed improvement.

If someone doesn't want it, no need to buy.

oh yeah $$$$ thats why

I'm no audiophile, but even I noticed the difference between the original JT and the remaster.

oh yeah $$$$ thats why

You should get your ears checked mate. There are obvious differences and improvements.
And ofcourse listening on HEADPHONES sounds more similar. Try getting some decent audio system first.

Wow honestly I could hear quite a big difference in the remastered JT compared to the old one. Especially certain songs, but for me it was worth buying.

For Streets alone it's worth it. Even on headphones I can hear de difference clearly. :drool: not to mention how it sounds on 6ch stereo on my dads fancy speakers.

And yea, I can now finally hear Exit.

I hope AB gets the same treatment, especially for Acrobat, LIB and UV.

According to U2Espa?a.com - U2Valencia.com and their contacts at Universal Music Spain, The Unforgettable Fire remaster is coming in June and Achtung Baby in September. They also presume that with this in sight, it is planned that the new album comes out in the first quartal of the year (February or March).

No Wide Awake in America mention (thank God).

Who told you you have good ears? If it was your doctor, I'd change doctors right away...

oh yeah $$$$ thats why

Did you stop listening after side A?

Remasters during a new album year? That doesn't make sense. I would think that they would want to focus on the new material and on the tour. They should wait a couple of years when there's nothing going on (like right now).

Certainly when U2 tour in the UK, for that month or so they can have like 6 albums back in the top 40, or top 20. I'm sure last time JT and Achtung were in the top 10 along with the new album. So it probably makes sense commercially.

According to U2Espa�a.com - U2Valencia.com and their contacts at Universal Music Spain, The Unforgettable Fire remaster is coming in June and Achtung Baby in September. They also presume that with this in sight, it is planned that the new album comes out in the first quartal of the year (February or March).

No Wide Awake in America mention (thank God).
Pretty odd that they would be so separated like that when the last batch of remasters all came out together. Maybe it's due to the fact that they are apparently getting super deluxe versions? And I don't get why there still hasn't been any mention of Rattle And Hum.

UF and AB will be amazing remasters! I'm looking foward to these more than the previous ones. UF is so atmospheric and layered that a touch up will bring it to life! And the AB era has so many fantastic B-Sides, and is so badly mixed (Ultra-Violet anyone?!) that a remaster will do wonders! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom