U2 albums planned for 2009 remasters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Of U2's entire back catalogue, I think the four albums that would benefit most from a remaster are October, UF, AB and Pop. So, if this article is correct, thats three down, one to go!

My mate told me that Regine Moylett says the 2 are going to use new mixes of all the songs so that it gets better reviews in the Irish media.

That's actually the album that's coming on Feb 27... what we have now is just something to stop the real album from leaking. But I see you have connections... so I might be wrong.
Again: :shh:, the fans can't know that the 2 is doing things the stealth way.

I have not read any comments (sorry guys, can't be stuffed). BUT, the AB one should contain these 2 tracks:

Alternate version of One as heard on the Achtung Baby sampler cassette.
Alternate version of Mysterious Ways as heard on the same cassette.

One had a different vocal take and I think Ways had a different mix entirely.

this thread got my hopes up with that title. That'd be the dumbest thing ever pointlessly remastering and releasing WAIA on it's own. Also what about Rattle And hum?

Where the fuck is that NLOTH remaster.

Comes out next week!!

The reason U2 wants to get these things out is because CD's are a slow dying medium. I have no problem with them releasing content during a new album year and hope they rediscover some oldies to play on tour.

And ...?

Any new news about the Remasters of UF & AB due for release this year??

Thanx

According to u2achtung:

Les rééditions suivantes seraient prévues en 2009 :
- The Unforgettable Fire,
- Wide Awake in America,
- Achtung Baby.

The Unforgettable Fire et Achtung Baby pourraient faire l'objet d'un packaging semblable � celui de la remasterisation du Joshua Tree.

Les contenus sont encore inconnus, tout comme les dates de mise en vente, qui dépendent de l'avancement du nouvel opus.

UF and AB will get a package similar to JT. Exact contents aren't known yet.

that sounds good to me :

TUF and AB ... wooaah

I find this really difficult to believe with a Tour, new Album & another Album slated for release by the Holidays for them to release (3) Remastered cd's & (2) of them in the JT format with a recession going on.....I guess Bono wants to take the World broke one last time before a Giant Collapse happens. Does anyone have any idea what a true fan could be shelling out in the states for all this, let's see:

NLOTH Box Set $65.00
NLOTH Magazine $35.00
NLOTH digi $22.00
NLOTH LP $20.00
NLOTH CD 10.00
Tour $30.00-$250.00 per tix
UF Remaster $40.00
AB Master $40.00
WAIA $20.00

And I can't do the newer album yet becuase I don't how many formats there may be......lol

No Rattle & Hum love? They could expand the shit out of that (I'm thinking the movie, a bonus dvd or two, and at least 3 cds).

Maybe they're still ashamed of R&H and only have the will to keep it current with home-video standards?

McGuiness said they'd all get the treatment. Maybe the thought was that it was too similar to Joshua Tree to release the very next year. Maybe in 2010, we'll get R&H and Zooropa or something.

I'd like the JT treatment for all the albums. If they're doing it for Wide Awake, that's even better because that'll mean more footage. I actually wish the JT edition had more like the Eno/Lanois mix of With or Without You. There's so much stuff they're holding out on.

Excuse me... I love TUF as much as the next guy (I'm listening to it right now)... but why is no one as excited about Achtung Baby?

I was just thinking this. I want as much stuff as I can get. I want as many DVDs of as many quality filmed and remastered concerts as I can get!

I find this really difficult to believe with a Tour, new Album & another Album slated for release by the Holidays for them to release (3) Remastered cd's & (2) of them in the JT format with a recession going on.....I guess Bono wants to take the World broke one last time before a Giant Collapse happens. Does anyone have any idea what a true fan could be shelling out in the states for all this, let's see:

NLOTH Box Set $65.00
NLOTH Magazine $35.00
NLOTH digi $22.00
NLOTH LP $20.00
NLOTH CD 10.00
Tour $30.00-$250.00 per tix
UF Remaster $40.00
AB Master $40.00
WAIA $20.00

And I can't do the newer album yet becuase I don't how many formats there may be......lol

I'm going to assume that WAIA will just be packed with TUF, because if that's not the case, then McGuinness actually is as moneygrabbing as some (all) believe him to be.

Yeah leave off Paul, he is a lovely man. I want my repackaged, remastered Wide Awake In America!

According to U2Espa?om - U2Valencia.com and their contacts at Universal Music Spain, The Unforgettable Fire remaster is coming in June and Achtung Baby in September. They also presume that with this in sight, it is planned that the new album comes out in the first quartal of the year (February or March).

No Wide Awake in America mention (thank God).

Hey, if the Unforgettable Fire remaster is coming out in June, shouldn't we at least have had some sort of official word by now? A preorder link on amazon? Does anyone know the status of this?

Hey, if the Unforgettable Fire remaster is coming out in June, shouldn't we at least have had some sort of official word by now? A preorder link on amazon? Does anyone know the status of this?

It will definately not june. At least we should have some info for now. Let's call it june 2010.

U2 should be called 'the Official Delays' by now. Every release seems to be delayed: First the album, then the music vid of GOYB, then the re-releases, the video for Magnificent. I don't think the tour is gonna start in time...
U2.com does exactly the same. Coming with old news forgetting exclusives. Then the wait for the fanclub cd.

This is very, very sad for a band large as U2.:angry::angry::angry:

Back
Top Bottom