U2 albums planned for 2009 remasters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can hear Peter Gabriel on the Danny Lanois' A Sort of Homecoming remix? Interesting. And supposedly Yoshino Blossom repeats the New Year's Day piano riff, which I can't hear from the clip.

Wow, I'm certainly impressed based on those clips. Makes me wonder what they were thinking leaving "Disappearing Act" and "Yoshino Blossom" off in favor of "Elvis Presley and America" and "Indian Summer Sky". :doh:

I dont think we fully understand what is going to happen in Disappearing act. :drool:

Right after the do-do-do-do-do's finish I can hear it going into full distortion and synths like that little edge slide solo in the radio clip, wow...please let it be so.

cool stuff. i wonder why the whole thing isn't leaked. i think we'll have the full songs in a day or two.

Here's the advert for 'The Unforgettable Fire' remasters. It's on the back cover of the latest MOJO (Kraftwerk on the cover) and UNCUT (Jack White on the cover) magazines

UF_Remasters_Advert.jpg

doubt it. i'd think we'd either get a 4th single from NLOTH or "Every Breaking Wave" next spring.

Just watched that video bit of the opening of the Unforgettable Fire reissues. WOW! Looks great. Sounds great. Outtakes sound great. Acoustic-ish A Sort of Homecoming... :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper: Niiiiice!

Hope the band listen to this and the outtakes OVER and OVER before going back in and finishing "Songs of Ascent". If they do and allow it to inspire some of that vitality of those sessions... I think they can make SOA that much better. Just my humble view.

Just watched that video bit of the opening of the Unforgettable Fire reissues. WOW! Looks great. Sounds great. Outtakes sound great. Acoustic-ish A Sort of Homecoming... :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper: Niiiiice!

Hope the band listen to this and the outtakes OVER and OVER before going back in and finishing "Songs of Ascent". If they do and allow it to inspire some of that vitality of those sessions... I think they can make SOA that much better. Just my humble view.

absolutely. mindset can be such a big thing.

yeah, i'd say we're on a red alert now. if U2Tour.de has it, that means copies are out. i'd think by the end of the weekend or monday/tuesday.

full translation:

A first look at the remastered "The Unforgettable Fire" CD
Today we received the first two versions of the remixed CD from the year 1984 The Unforgettable Fire (u2tour.de Special) with track lists. The standard CD (Amazon.de) appears in a standard cover with a 24 page booklet. The double CD, called Deluxe CD (must be ordered at Amazon.de), in a thick cardboard-box (known from the previously released remastered CDs (see discography) and a booklet with a thick envelope. Inside are the first and last page of the CDs in one slipcase, 36 page booklet with more photos and different than a regular CD booklet. Like the whole thing looks like in the hands, you can watch it here:

Unpacking "The Unforgettable Fire" CD and Deluxe CD
of u2tourde

All information on the two CD versions are available here:

Standard CD:
24 page booklet with foreword by Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois, the two producers of the album. The remastering was personally supervised by The Edge. The remastered tracks on the album are different in some cases by 1-3 seconds (we are still working out the differences), but there are no big surprises. The sound is noticeably polished and clear.

Deluxe CD:
Interesting here is already the Deluxe CD, which contains the regular CD and a bonus CD with 16 tracks. The presentation is again those issued so far as the remastered CDs (see discography): Thick cardboard-box that opens like the first four in the right direction (from The Joshua Tree had not done so since).

There is an additional preface by Bert van de Kamp, and many small photos in the booklet middle.

The first CD is clearly the same as the normal version. Disc 2 contains 16 tracks, some of them entirely unpublished, some of them hardly known. In detail:

Well known are the tracks from the "Live" EP Wide Awake In America (EP): A Sort Of Homecoming (Live), Bad (Live), Love Comes Tumbling The Three Sunrises, and are very well from this. Furthermore, it contains a few more or less well-known B-sides: Boomerang I and II (B-sides of Pride (In The Name Of Love)), Pride (single version), 11 O'Clock Tick Tock (B-side to UK Pride Single - 4:13 Version) Bass Trap (Single B-Side of The Unforgettable Fire), and 4th of July (Single Version, B-side of Pride (In The Name Of Love)).

New and very unknown, the following tracks:
Disappearing Act
This song is from the "The Unforgettable Fire" sessions. First he had the name "White City", as The Edge writes in the booklet. He was admitted to Slane before the entire recording equipment was set up. Therefore, he existed only as a stereo recording. It was once a multi-track recording made, but never any lyrics to it. 25 years later, during a recess of the U2 360 ° Tour, the song in France finished.

Yoshino Blossom
also comes from the "The Unforgettable Fire" sessions. The same piano as "New Year's Day" was never occupied by the Song Lyrics. It remains a song with piano by The Edge and brisk and strong bass of Adam.

Wire (Kervorkian Remix)
A remix by Francois Kevorkian, who the continuation of remixes from the album is War. Powervoll the intro lasts much longer than in the original version. A couple of different passages and Distortion in Bono's voice - compliant version.

A Sort Of Homecoming (Daniel Lanois Remix)
Please do not laugh! No. Stop. . Cessation I'm still looking for the musical, how do know in the intro. Information, please didi at u2tour.de. To cope with laughter. Final!
Daniel wanted to start an attempt to conjure up out of the song is a single version. At that time he put in the work on the album So (Amazon) by Peter Gabriel, one of the masterpieces in the 80s all year. Additional vocals and elements were included in Peter's studio, Peter Gabriel's voice is heard in this version too.

Wire (Celtic Dub Mix)
Another remix by Francois Kevorkian, who was released on a 7 "vinyl, an appendix to the NME in May 1985 will. The remix has a Celtic aspect. If The Edge did not even know what it is, how it should I know? In any case, "it sounds great.";)

Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come
B-side of the double-7 "vinyl in the UK and Ireland, therefore, probably not so well known. This track was more or less a break. Rumjammen something, anything by Adam Bass with echo, sometimes Edge on bass, some vocals later this - is ready to "rough" piece, and everyone had fun.

morning. so after the radio clip from a month ago, and now the new clip, i think Disappearing Act has the potential to be one of my all time favorites. it just sounds classic.

nothing yet Gonna Run 2 U. i've searched a couple torrent sites. i would almost say expect it Monday or Tuesday, once the cd's start getting distributed. because this isn't a hot release, there's not as much demand to leak it.

nothing yet Gonna Run 2 U. i've searched a couple torrent sites. i would almost say expect it Monday or Tuesday, once the cd's start getting distributed. because this isn't a hot release, there's not as much demand to leak it.

It's a hot release to me. :sad:

morning. so after the radio clip from a month ago, and now the new clip, i think Disappearing Act has the potential to be one of my all time favorites. it just sounds classic.
New clip? I think I may have missed something...

EDIT: Oops... just watched the video on U2tour.de :doh:

Back
Top Bottom