U2 albums planned for 2009 remasters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Basa Trap :drool:

Yoshino Blossom is a cool title. And I remember liking the short clip we heard of Disappearing Act. Someone buy this for me please. Thanks.

Ok its up.... fairly dissappointing actually

nd The Unforgettable Fire DVD Collection looks like this:

The Unforgettable Fire
Directed by Meiert Avis

Bad
Directed by Barry Devlin

Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Directed by Donald Cammell

A Sort Of Homecoming
Directed by Barry Devlin

The Making Of The Unforgettable Fire - documentary
Directed by Barry Devlin

Additional Material

U2 at A Conspiracy Of Hope Concert
1. MLK
2. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
3. Bad
Recorded live at Giants Stadium, New Jersey, USA, 15th June 1986

U2 at Live Aid
1. Sunday Bloody Sunday 2. Bad
Recorded live at Wembley Stadium, 13th July 1985

Pride (In The Name Of Love) - Sepia version

11 O'Clock Tick Tock - Bootleg version
Live from Croke Park, Dublin, Ireland, 29th June 1985

Yeah, that's a bit underwhelming, though I suppose they couldn't get permission for the covers from the COH gig (but no Sunday Bloody Sunday?). And after watching the Dortmund bootleg on the weekend, I can kind of see why they wouldn't want to release that ... embarrassing editing, for one thing, and if they put it out now they'd probably have to do a whole new mix from the master tapes to get rid of the cheesy effects.

The inclusion of 11OTT from Croke is cool, at least.

Damn, will have to download the DortmunD gig now, I suppose, seeing as there is unlikely to ever be an official release now...

Yeah, that's a bit underwhelming, though I suppose they couldn't get permission for the covers from the COH gig (but no Sunday Bloody Sunday?).

Oh dear, you're right. They're lucky that NJ COH Bad was the rare kind with no snippets, but I don't see any reason why SBS couldn't be on there. I guess they just thought why would they want two sbss lol! even though the one they're including is already on DVD, no less one of the charity variation. Why can't they just fork the cash out and demand the covers on there in some way, too? They have bought galaxies prior to this, and their Diplomat unit has full stats.

Apart from these minor nitpicks like the Wide Awake in America live tracks (which are far from the definite live versions of either Bad or A Sort of Homecoming), and the fact that the Dortmund concert doesn't have Wire (!), it is once again, just like Joshua Tree, an admirable set for the true hardcore fan.

I guess I have to take this back. That DVD is a huge disappointment. Guess I'll be getting the 2-disc version after all.

Do U2 not realise that most of the DVD material is already widely available, either on official products or just from the internet? I think I have most of it already. Now, a few questions:

1) The Unforgettable Fire: Directed by Meiert Avis - What is this?

2) The Making Of The Unforgettable Fire - documentary Directed by Barry Devlin -
Is this already on the U2 Go Home Slane DVD? (If so, worth it only for Bono virtually collapsing with exhaustion when recording Pride with ultimate committment, and Edge / Eno slyly requesting that he try again with more passion / emotion.)

3) 11 O'Clock Tick Tock - Bootleg version Live from Croke Park, Dublin, Ireland, 29th June 1985 - I like the sound of this. Presumably it's some sort of knockoff video recording, not audio? I know there's an audio bootleg of this particular show but if there's one song on film, are there any more...?

Do U2 not realise that most of the DVD material is already widely available, either on official products or just from the internet? I think I have most of it already. Now, a few questions:

1) The Unforgettable Fire: Directed by Meiert Avis - What is this?

2) The Making Of The Unforgettable Fire - documentary Directed by Barry Devlin -
Is this already on the U2 Go Home Slane DVD? (If so, worth it only for Bono virtually collapsing with exhaustion when recording Pride with ultimate committment, and Edge / Eno slyly requesting that he try again with more passion / emotion.)

3) 11 O'Clock Tick Tock - Bootleg version Live from Croke Park, Dublin, Ireland, 29th June 1985 - I like the sound of this. Presumably it's some sort of knockoff video recording, not audio? I know there's an audio bootleg of this particular show but if there's one song on film, are there any more...?

I can answer question 1, that's just the video for the single, The Unforgettable Fire. Great video.

It's cool to have some Conspiracy of Hope concert footage though. I like the idea of getting the Live Aid stuff since I never did buy the Live Aid dvd that came out a long time ago.

Ok its up.... fairly dissappointing actually

nd The Unforgettable Fire DVD Collection looks like this:

The Unforgettable Fire
Directed by Meiert Avis

Bad
Directed by Barry Devlin

Pride (In The Name Of Love)

A Sort Of Homecoming
Directed by Barry Devlin

The Making Of The Unforgettable Fire - documentary
Directed by Barry Devlin

Additional Material

U2 at A Conspiracy Of Hope Concert
1. MLK
2. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
3. Bad
Recorded live at Giants Stadium, New Jersey, USA, 15th June 1986

U2 at Live Aid
1. Sunday Bloody Sunday 2. Bad
Recorded live at Wembley Stadium, 13th July 1985

Pride (In The Name Of Love) - Sepia version

11 O'Clock Tick Tock - Bootleg version
Live from Croke Park, Dublin, Ireland, 29th June 1985
Agreed. What a crap use of DVD. I think atu2.com speculated that some 1984 German concert would be made available and I was so excited about that, but this is a kick in the nuts. Corporate U2 is taking advantage again.
hope theres some cool easter eggs on the dvd.
Unless that easter egg is a whole fracking concert from 1984, I'm pretty pissed.

Agreed. What a crap use of DVD. I think atu2.com speculated that some 1984 German concert would be made available and I was so excited about that, but this is a kick in the nuts. Corporate U2 is taking advantage again.

Unless that easter egg is a whole fracking concert from 1984, I'm pretty pissed.

I'm more than a little deflated by the absence of Dortmund...the rest looks good though.
I hope the Live Aid dvd wont have the absolute arsewipes who talked all over footage of it I've got, it was such a shame to see that the girl who dragged from the crowd in that famous legendary moment was such an utter twat, oh well, that's life.

Conspiracy of hope and Live Aid sounds quite good to me, since I never had those on DVD. I'm also excited about the new and unreleased song. The other stuff isn't really exciting, but since UF is one of my favourite U2 albums I'm pretty happy to be able to buy the regular songs in good quality.

Corporate U2 is taking advantage again.

How the hell is this "corporate U2" taking advantage? If you don't want the DVD, don't get it. Some concert from 84 wouldn't even be indicative of the Unforgettable Fire anyways.

Do U2 not realise that most of the DVD material is already widely available, either on official products or just from the internet? I think I have most of it already.

Well I don't think any person in their right mind would consider "being on the internet" a reason not to release. I don't think I have any of this released on DVD, with the exception of the Slane Doc on 'Go Home' but wan't that an edited version?

I don't think I have any of this released on DVD, with the exception of the Slane Doc on 'Go Home' but wan't that an edited version?

Yeah, the original VHS release of the Unforgettable Fire documentary had the doc. as well as videos for Bad, ASOH and a couple versions of Pride I believe.

It's not a crap use of a DVD. They decided that they wanted to put on things that directly surround the album and some of the historically important performances: the music videos, CoH, Live Aid, the documentary are all HIGHLY relevant to the album. Having all that in one place fits perfectly in a remaster box. Would I like Dortmund on DVD? Hell yes. But their decision to leave it off the DVD is not taking advantage of anyone. They have a vested interest in people wanting this DVD.

Someone else mentioned (here or on @U2) that they would probably want to take out some "cheesy effects" that were on the original broadcast, which would involve going back to the original masters. That's a lot of work--maybe they didn't feel they could get it ready in time. Maybe they didn't consider putting it on there at all. Who knows? But the sheer fact that it's not in the remaster package doesn't mean it can't ever be released stand-alone. Rest assured, regardless of when U2 retire, we will see back catalogue releases for many, many years. We know how good they are about keeping things in the vaults. There could be live shows released individually or in sets for years.

I have no problem with someone being disappointed, frustrated, upset with the contents of the DVD. I think it's a little bit of a letdown myself, though there's good stuff on there. Expression of the discrepancy between expectation and reality is acceptable and even healthy. What I don't understand (and of which I am rapidly tiring) is the attitude that U2 exists to purely please me and that if they don't, it is because they are selfish swine trying to see how much they can get away with. I don't buy that, and I'm tired of hearing it. Can we just be disappointed without lashing out at U2's motives?

Please?

I'm not saying I expected a full gig but live performances of Wire, Indian Summer Sky, Unforgettable Fire, and ASOH would not be too much to ask surely???

We have no clue how many concerts U2 has footage of back then that they even have the rights too...

Some of you are thinking about this album in terms of the band post 90's.

Back
Top Bottom