U2 albums planned for 2009 remasters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
9829_560443.jpg

Muziek.nl - Nieuws - The Unforgettable Fire 25th Anniversary

kool thang.

U2 will release the 25th anniversary special of the classic album TUF october 23rd.

The album originates from 1984 and was the band's fourth album. The album was the first being produced by Eno & Lanois, recorded in Slane Castle, Ireland and released in october 84. It gave birth to two hit singles, Pride and TUF(forgetting Bad much here???).

Universal releases the remastered version the 23rd(repeating much?). The remasters are supervised by The Edge and recorded from the original audio tapes. The special edition contains two previously unreleased tracks, Yoshino Blossom and Disappearing Act, of which the last has only just been finished by the band. It also holds a documentary, videoclips and previously unreleased live footage from the Conspiracy of hope tour.

There will be four editions:

Limited Edition Box Set: 2 cds(remastered album and bonus audio cd), dvd with live footage, documentary and videoclips, a 56 page book with liner notes by Edge, Eno, Lanois, Bert van de kamp(who?) and Niall Stokes, and 5 photos.

Deluxe Edition: bevat 2 CDs; Remastered album, bonus audio cd with b-sides and unreleased material, 36 page book and liner notes from Edge, Eno, Lanois, Bert van de kamp.

Normal version: Remastered album

12" vinyl version: Vinyl and 16 page book with the same liner notes as above.

oh yesss:drool::heart: Now just where to find the money. I'm completely broke but I need the limited edition.

That set does indeed look beautiful... hopefully they're still around by the time I build up the funds to buy it. Between this and the Joshua Tree special edition, U2 are wreaking havoc on my tiny CD shelf, but its sooo worth it.

So, what do we make of this: http://www.u2bat.be/2009/09/22/the-unforgettable-fire-definitive-tracklist/

Much better CD2, but no Dortmund?

I'd actually guess that this one is correct, simply because the other CD2 tracklisting makes no sense... why would they could Live Aid Bad's snippets as separate songs, and then put the snippet that came before the song after not only the main song but the other two snippets?

Plus, I doubt they'd put the Live Aid tracks on CD2 in the first place... it makes much more sense for WWIA to be on CD2, with a video of Live Aid on the DVD.

And I'd really like to hear that ASOH Danny Lanois mix. ASOH feels like a song that Lanois influenced very heavily.

Back
Top Bottom