U2 @ a night for christy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I predict Bono's hairstyle and Adam's shirt will be the talk for the weekend.

Great performance :up:

Nice to see Dallas on guitar.

It was OK, Bono being better than usual one-off performances.

Dallas ! Nice of them to show him playing.

And the only talk should be Adam's haircut. :huh:

I'm ready to give that haircut a thumbs up, just for the major balls it takes to wear it.

It sounded like they had prerecorded a second track of Edge's backing vocals. Unless there's like an automatic doubling effect?

Anyone happen to rip this to mp3 by chance? If not I may be able to this evening when I get home from camping.

I think it was pre-recorded. It looks like the video was stitched together from several takes - at one point, Bono has his hands on the mic; in the next shot following, he doesn't; in the next, he does again. At another point, he turns away from the mic, but then we hear him singing again just as the shot cuts away. Also, that may or may not be an outside window behind Edge, but if it is, it looks like night outside, but the event would have been in the afternoon for NYC (but that may not be a window, as people walking outside should have noticed them recording). Not to mention if it was live, Bono wouldn't have been able to resist the urge to say a few words.

Hugo Weaving would make a great Asian Aslan.

:lol:

Weirdly Bono's falsetto sounds excellent, but his usual register was pretty gruff, maybe its lack of conditioning on a song that he's not used to playing... hopefully, but one's voice can only hold up so well after decades even without smoking.

Go to 3:30 in the video and wait until they show Bono; Larry's not playing the drums in the background.

Nice. Well done boys.
They sounded great because there was no time to overproduce. They sound best dry and raw. A few amps, and a good pa system, and they're good to go. The greatest garage band from garageland. They sound fantastic, and I cannot wait to hear which way they are going. Danger Mouse please keep it simple........

I thought it was more like a music video not a live performance, but ok. Certainly not "live" on air, that's clear to see, they recorded the performance before the show.

Bono seemed to return to NY for it because he was in Dublin some days ago, but Steve Lillywhite twittered about meeting him two days ago and also posted a picture with the view from Bono's NY appartment. So I guess B was in Dublin / Ireland for the G8 ( or at least to meet Michelle Obama) and returned to NY afterwards to record the Aslan cover and - hopefully - continue work on the album.

A nice little performance. Not groundbreaking or anything, but it comes across well.

Can't say I've ever heard of this 'Asian' band before though. 'Asia', on the other hand... :lol:

A nice little performance. Not groundbreaking or anything, but it comes across well.

Can't say I've ever heard of this 'Asian' band before though. 'Asia', on the other hand... :lol:

Aslan. Not Asian. Aslan. Like the lion. Aslan.

Back
Top Bottom