U2 3D on DVD (hmv site)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This was put on the HMV site over a year ago too (or something), no setlist, no other information, this is another hoax.

As stated by U2 bodies, U2 will not release U23D until TV's can display 3D in a proper way.

Yup, that has been there for about a year, a friend in the A/V industry told me, any production 3D TV is at least 2-3 years away. So.. don't get your hopes up, more likely to see an audio cd being made available of the soundtrack.

Well it never did play anywhere near me, and as far as I'm concerned they're being complete douchebags about releasing it. There are already 3D dvd's, what the hell are they waiting for...whatever.

Yeah, I missed the first time round...would love for them to start playing again now at release time.

Well it never did play anywhere near me, and as far as I'm concerned they're being complete douchebags about releasing it. There are already 3D dvd's, what the hell are they waiting for...whatever.

But these DVDs work only with the analgyph procedure - not with the polaroid-version you could see in theater. So they are waiting - or they should wait for the time when also a good effect at home is possible. That's not far from now - Texas Instruments, Tochiba etc. are developing Plasmas that gets quite a similar effect than in the theater with Shutter-glasses. If U2 3D comes out now on DVD it could ony be with red-green glasses which sucks a lot and probably a second DVD with a 2D-version like also Hanna Montana did with her DVD release.

The imax in Vancouver, Canada is bringing U2 3D back on March 6th, 2009. Perhaps other imax theatres will have a similar dates.

According to moviefone.com, there's a grand total of ONE theater playing this in the whole country. Anyone live in Utah:

Megaplex 17 Add to My Theaters No Online Ticketing 9335 South State Street
Sandy, UT 84070 (801) 304-4636
Directions

Thu:
12:00pm | 4:50pm | 9:45pm
Weekend showtimes are not currently available

Is it possible that they might release it in just normal film, not 3D? I didn't manage to see it in the cinema, absolutely gutted. Hope they bring it back some time in the UK. I'd love to see it as just normal footage, on a DVD, if that's possible!

Holy crap! The leak, and then this...the past few days have been simply TRIUMPHANT. :hyper:
EDIT: As bonus features go, let's cross our fingers for a concert-length "Extended Cut"...

Back
Top Bottom