U Talkin' U2 To Me podcast by Adam Scott & Scott Aukerman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oski2005

The Fly
Hope this hasn't been posted already, but I haven't seen anything or been able to find anything via search.

In anticipation of U2’s latest album release, Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) and Scott Aukerman (Comedy Bang! Bang!) come together as superfan Adam Scott Aukerman to discuss the music and impact of the band. Listen in as these friends cover everything from Boy to No Line on the Horizon, and reveal a little something about themselves along the way.

U Talkin' U2 To Me? podcast on Earwolf

Glad to see some people that rightfully dig all of War (including "Red Light" and "Refugee).

Can't wait to hear their combative argument about HTDAAB.

Granted, they also dig Huey Lewis and the News

They know it's hip to be square.

jkjcw5-1.gif

I couldn't possibly disagree more with the opinion that October(the song) is "dicking around on the piano".

Liked they that they loved I Fall Down, though. And agreed, it was fun listening to them gush over War.

Pretty enjoyable, once they actually started talking about U2. I could do with less non-sequitors on the next ones, though.

I listened to the first half on the way to work this morning, and kept wondering if there would be any dinosaurs on this dinosaur tour. Glad to hear they finally get around to talking about the songs in the second half.

They both seemed fairly unfamiliar with the first three records and had to remind themselves about what certain songs sounded like.

Pretty funny though.

I want to listen to this, but honestly, sitting down for a 90-minute podcast seems like a chore.

I'd rather read a transcript ... because then I could be listening to music at the same time.

This podcast sucks. I am dissapointed in Adam Scott. 'The Facebook' being their first name and Frank Blowford being Edge's real name? WTF

You realise they're both comedians right? Who wants to listen to a boring 90 minute podcast discussing the music seriously? I was in stitches at points. Can't wait for the next installment.

Yeah I realize they are both comedians but giving a false biography in a serious manner is misinformation.

Yeah I realize they are both comedians but giving a false biography in a serious manner is misinformation.

I hate to think how much your blood would boil if you watched Brass Eye.

The only people hearing this are people who follow those two on social media, and are fully aware that they are comedians.

This wasn't broadcast on the BBC or anything.

I'm an avid Comedy Bang Bang listener so finding out that Adam Scott Aukerman was doing this was an exciting treat. If anyone enjoyed this, I'd recommend episodes 120 (w/ Adam Scott) and 150 of the CBB podcast as great comedy for further listening.

Granted, they also dig Huey Lewis and the News

Loved the parallel podcast they're doing over this, just someone reciting Huey Lewis facts in the distant background :lol:.

Self-depreciating humor: when an interferencer doesn't know when to let the joke go.

I listened to it this morning while I was painting. It actually gives me a greater appreciation for War, but I still don't see why they like "Red Light" so much (I think it's the trumpets that annoy me the most). Those two guys were really irritating at times, but it was still an enjoyable listen for the most part. I'm interested to see what they have to say about the rest of the U2 catalog.

This podcast should actually be called "Two Comedians ask Bono for T-Shirts" because holy shit.

Aha yes today's episode was great, they announced up front that they were putting off Rattle and Hum for another episode, yet couldn't even get to The Joshua Tree in this show because they got so obsessed with the band's T-Shirt company.

Just FYI for people the actual album discussion of The Unforgettable Fire (starts to) begin about 43 minutes in.

I think Harris joining the crew is a positive development- you could hear the faint trace of shame creep in as Adam got too embarrassed to stall with a third person in the room.

Back
Top Bottom