Two clips of new U2 music?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep. I've spent much of my day* expressing my annoyance with eye rolls and heavy sighs all over Facebook.

*total exaggeration. It was like 5 minutes.

He just kind of dropped them into another thread with no context, and now it's all over the web in a "IS THIS NEW U2?????" frenzy.

For those of us who don't spend a ton of time in EYKIW, what's the story here? That's pretty clearly Bono...but these are incredibly clear...

For those of us who don't spend a ton of time in EYKIW, what's the story here? That's pretty clearly Bono...but these are incredibly clear...

In this thread: http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f196/rumor-55-unfinished-songs-213930-4.html in which much :wink:ing was going on, user Blue Room posted 2 "samples" of "working" titles from a "demo disc".

After everyone (including the entire U2 fandom related internet) had a minor freak out Blue Room came back to say sorry, just kidding, it IS U2 but I didn't say it was for a new U2 album, and removed the links. (But they had already gone worldwide)

Blue Room has offered no further explanation much to Interference's dismay.

However one person suggested that it was an IEM, which prompted me to post this IEM from a rehearsal in Anaheim last year, which DOES contain something new as far as we know.

You can hear the unknown song at around 24:40, Bono singing starts around 25ish and drums come in around 27:20.

U2 - 2011-06-17 Anaheim - Rehearsals - YouTube

listening to these bare bones of songs in the creative process (especially BC's soundcheck link), not knowing what they are, listening to them experimenting, playing around with repetitive phrases and sounds, makes me feel like i'm eavesdropping on some special kind of madness, it's nice :D

Yeah it did have an Achtung outtakes vibe to it. Cool that they were working on it in a recent rehearsal.

Hmmm should we start the hype machine?

Judging from these clips they sound like the best things ever.

They're so unformed that hearing them is rather pointless. They're certainly not demos. It's cool to have them, but what these'll become is impossible to predict.

Back
Top Bottom