Tour to kick off in Paris in May

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rasta

The Fly
Word out of Live Nation in Toronto today by a top secret source is that the next U2 Tour will start in Europe on May 1 and 2 in Paris and they will play arenas in Europe for 3 months. The tour will be called the "Volcano Tour" and the stage will be in the shape of a volcano of some kind. The band wil take August off for vacation then head to North America and play arenas in the US and Canada in September - November then head to Mexico and Australia and play outdoors stadiums in December before Christmas. The band intend to play stadiums in South America in March 2016 and then back outdoor's for a possible a stadium tour in Europe in May, June and July and stadiums in the US in September October and November 2016.

No the molten lava that spews from the volcano will form the heart of the stage...lol

Can't wait for the Volcano stage :lol:

Anyway, good news. :up: Any word about when dates will be confirmed and tickets will go on sale?

I hope they open at least 1 show with SBS. I can't figure out why it has never opened a concert before, it'd be like a big middle finger to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

That gives them plenty of time to finish SoE and put it out during the tour, ala Zooropa.

Volcano. Tour. The Adam girl in me is dying. If that's true they better open with it! (It's my clear fave from SoI).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

:hyper: torn between going squeeeee with excitement or waving bye bye to the chance of getting tix haha

Volcano Tour :up:

The Paris dates will probably be May 1st and 3rd, since they usually have a day off between the first and second show of the tour.

Thanks for the insider info. Hope it remains that way until the tour announcement.

Is the opening night good to go to?

Obviously im gonna go to the uk shows but id like to do one abroad. I did dublin on the 360 tour but i want to do a different one on the next.

Id like to go to the gig having no idea what their gonna play and everything would be new. Without seeing set lists or pictures etc. i can just imagine what going to barca was like and seeing the claw for the first time.

But u2 can be abit ropey on opening nights. So im unsure what to do???

Opening night is the best night, screw ups or not, because everything is new and exciting

I want to go, BADLY
I just need help getting a ticket

Please somebody help me :sad:

Seems odd that the tour won't begin until 8 months after the album's release, but whatever. I kind of figured it's be the volcano tour, keeping with the elevation and vertigo tour names. If true, I have plenty of time to save money for the US shows. The band also has plenty of time to work on SOE, which might explain the long wait until the tour starts.

So last tour with the claw there where erection jokes thanks to the massive spire in the stage.

U2 now going for eruption and ejaculation jokes :tsk:

Opening night is the best night, screw ups or not, because everything is new and exciting

I want to go, BADLY
I just need help getting a ticket

Please somebody help me :sad:

Join u2.com and you will get a pre sale code. Your chances of getting tickets would be very high then

stewiegriffingaybar.jpg

Perhaps 4 small volcanos on stage they will each pop out of?

Perhaps like the heart or ellipse, we'll be saying "I hope I get into the Volcano". Bono can say "it's going off in the Volcano". And a rambling 3 minute speech about the recent volcanic activity?

Maybe instead of Aung San Suu Kyi masks, we'll get mini volcano hats to put on during the song.

Will there be a rotation of 3 Volcanos in transit to each venue?

Back
Top Bottom