Tour to kick off in Paris in May

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Should've let Edge go ape crazy on Breathe, it had the potential. Vertigo is made to have a solo, don't know why it doesn't have one....it's kinda strange.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Like Mysterious Ways losing its ending solo on this most recent tour for the very first time.

And remember those weird performances of UTEOTW where Bono would completely stop the momentum of the song and slow it right down to sing some snippet? What the hell was that, seriously. Let's not let Edge go crazy with the song like he always does, oh no what a terrible idea, let's make it a snooze instead!

And remember those weird performances of UTEOTW where Bono would completely stop the momentum of the song and slow it right down to sing some snippet? What the hell was that, seriously. Let's not let Edge go crazy with the song like he always does, oh no what a terrible idea, let's make it a snooze instead!

I love snippets

:crack: That was horrible. Completely wrecks the song.

I love snippets

So do I (how else would U2gigs have such extensive snippet listings?). Not, however, when it's used to ruin a song.

Bono reciting Resolution & Independence over the intro to Streets: awesome.
Bono basically stopping UTEOTW to snippet Anthem: awful.

I'm talking about songs that are still in the set, where the solo is now either cut or Bono sings over it. Pay attention.

Which solo is cut ? As far as I know 360 performances of MW are the only examples of Edge's solo completely gone (though will no doubt return on future tours). Still by far the best oldies song of the show I attended. Still doesnt' change the fact Edge would have more solos on Zoo TV because Edge had a lot more solos on AB.

Also given the amount of Bono rambling on in the 80's shows, this (Bono talking during solos) is easily tolerable.

Worst snippeting Bono always does is when he does it on the coolest part of the song and then makes it a snoozefest yes. :|
UTEOTW during 360 tour , most of the time ended up in something like this:

"Ring those bells Edge, ring those belzzz zzz zzzz "
Cringeworthy :angry:

Which solo is cut ? As far as I know 360 performances of MW are the only examples of Edge's solo completely gone (though will no doubt return on future tours). Still by far the best oldies song of the show I attended. Still doesnt' change the fact Edge would have more solos on Zoo TV because Edge had a lot more solos on AB.

Also given the amount of Bono rambling on in the 80's shows, this (Bono talking during solos) is easily tolerable.

I think we're better off listing songs Bono did NOT ramble over Edge's solos. That would be considerably faster.

Man, Unknown Caller still makes me cry. Such a brilliant solo, yet live Bono just HAS to ruin it by going along with the organ and shite. Just.Shut.Up. :crack:

I think we're better off listing songs Bono did NOT ramble over Edge's solos. That would be considerably faster.

Man, Unknown Caller still makes me cry. Such a brilliant solo, yet live Bono just HAS to ruin it by going along with the organ and shite. Just.Shut.Up. :crack:

I know. I mean David Lee Roth may have the biggest ego in the history of rock music, but he at least knows to keep his trap shut when Eddie Van Halen is doing a solo. Bono just can't let anyone else have the spotlight to themselves for even a short moment.

I used to be in a band, and our singer thought he was the second coming of Bono. He would always sing through my guitar solos too! It's kind of annoying!

That solo on Unknown Caller at the Rose Bowl DVD is awesome. Almost reminds me of something David Gilmour would play (on a bad day, since Gilmour is on a different playing field).

Meh, I don't think that Edge's Unknown Caller solo is particularly great, so that particular instance of Bono's talking doesn't bother me.

‏@LiveNationUK

"We'll let you into a secret... BIG tour news coming on Monday. You don't want to miss it."

https://twitter.com/LiveNationUK/status/520559768206069762

What artists are releasing a record on monday? :hmm:

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/albums/release-date/coming-soon/date

There are plenty of others it could be. And technically U2 already released SoI. This is just the physical format. (Kinda like how Beyonce dropped hers on a Friday and THAT is the official release date, not the one a week or so later when her physical product came out.)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

well, maybe being Live Nation UK makes it more exclusive to the... well... the UK

we have to wait and see

saving-silverman-1-1.jpeg

I don't think that the new tour is going to be called Volcano tour. Because they can't name their new tour by a song on the previous album. I think it is going to be named after a SOE song like "Tightrope or something

I don't think that the new tour is going to be called Volcano tour. Because they can't name their new tour by a song on the previous album. I think it is going to be named after a SOE song like "Tightrope or something

...did you even bother to check how old this thread is?

Back
Top Bottom