Tour to kick off in Paris in May

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So the start has to be outdoors.
The Bercy arena is closed:
https://twitter.com/BercyOfficiel/status/514355517012320256

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

yep, the Zenith would be well awesome - capacity about 7000 haha :D

A big city like paris has only got one arena?

i live pretty close to birmingham in the uk and we have the nia that holds 12,000 and the nec that holds 15,000
Seems daft that a small city in comparison has got two great arenas.

Maybe their doing clubs ?

A big city like paris has only got one arena?

i live pretty close to birmingham in the uk and we have the nia that holds 12,000 and the nec that holds 15,000
Seems daft that a small city in comparison has got two great arenas.

Maybe their doing clubs ?

i dunno, i can't think of many large capacity indoor venues off the top of my head... there's lots of lovely smaller ones though

hope no-one's booked their flights / hotels already :D

I doubt that the rumor about Paris is true given that the Bercy is closed and I don't think the Zenith will be an alternative for a band as big as U2. I don't see them playing outdoors if they are planning to do an arena tour, at least not in stadiums, as they would require a whole different setup. Is there any outdoor place in Paris with a smaller capacity?

There's parc des princes outdoor stadium, smaller than the Stade, but outdoor nonetheless

And yeah Zenith was a joke... Humour / sarcasm failure in here at the moment or what?

We shouldn't trust any 'top secret source'

The mention of Adam about two different shows, could mean smth like the Stones did more than 10 years ago? To combine large stadiums with small club shows.. How cool would that be? To see U2 in a club setting with ~1000 attendance!
That would fit with the whole concept of 'Songs of Innocence' the nostalgia of going back to the time of Boy and War...

And if not, arenas would be fine too, but hopefully no stadiums. And I'll cross fingers that U2 will hit Amsterdam not already in May...We expect a baby, that will come around the first week of May...So Please wait till June, U2 !

No, I'd love them to play in a place like the Zenith, but I'm afraid it would be too small for U2, unless they're doing 8 nights in a row.

Yeah it would be ace if they played there,that u2.com membership would come in handy ?

On a full tour, U2 haven't played anywhere with a capacity lower than 10,000 since Lovetown.

That said, the original plan for the Vertigo Tour's Aussie/Kiwi leg was to play arenas (in hindsight this is hilarious, but keep in mind U2's most recent visit then was Popmart, which went poorly, and an attempt to tour on Elevation never got off the group). If that had happened, the plan for New Zealand was to play four or five shows at the Queens Wharf Events Centre in Wellington. At the time it was the largest arena in the North Island and the second-largest in New Zealand, but it can only hold a maximum of 5,655. I wish it had happened; it would've been incredible.

The only trustful source is someone who posts here regularly and even has multiple posts in this thread. *hint hint

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

well it looks like they've got events scheduled at least up to December (including lady gaga, linkin park)... but who knows for afterwards - we will just have to wait and see...

Guys, I have an inside source. There will be two tours. The first will in 2015 and will be called "California Tour." All shows will be in CA. The set will consist solely of Beach Boys covers and the song "California (No End To Love)" five times in a row for the encore.

The second tour will be in 2016 and will be called "The Reach Around Tour." Best if I don't go into the details of this one, but there will some interesting things happening on stage.

Guys, I have an inside source. There will be two tours. The first will in 2015 and will be called "California Tour." All shows will be in CA. The set will consist solely of Beach Boys covers and the song "California (No End To Love)" five times in a row for the encore.

The second tour will be in 2016 and will be called "The Reach Around Tour." Best if I don't go into the details of this one, but there will some interesting things happening on stage.

I heard that Elton John is going to be the opener for The Reach Around Tour.

Stay fucking classy Bob

I was thinking more along the lines of theme and the fact that they opened most shows last tour with Rocketman on the loud speakers and wanted to pay homage to him. What were you thinking?....

2qlwlfd.png

I am oh-so-tempted to reply with U2 Volcano jokes....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

I was thinking more along the lines of theme and the fact that they opened most shows last tour with Rocketman on the loud speakers and wanted to pay homage to him. What were you thinking?....

I'll give you a "decent try" on that one.

I vote for The Reach Around Tour as well. :heart:

yep, anyone who can't handle an absent queue system, no numbering system, crushes, no toilets by the queues, gates opening randomly at different times, crying die-hards, and having to do the sprint of death the whole length of the footie pitch/arena should best give it a miss :D

seriously, Paris is like one of those really tough extreme survival courses - none of you should bother even ATTEMPTING to buy tickets, really! :lol:

That'll be me. :wink: I don't do chaos very well, and the random doors opening and SIX different GA entrances wasn't very fun either. :lol: We waited since 10 in the morning, and people lining up at 4pm in a different entrance ended up in front of us. Great system.

There were toilets at our line though. And the food stalls, shame they opened after 1pm or something :grumpy: I wanted merguez for breakfast!

Well my upcoming gig list has just vanished but its because of good news my wifes just been confirmed pregnant with our first baby. Its going to be due June next year ? over the moon even if i do have to sacrifice my mini u2 tour??

Ps. I will 100% squeeze one show in no matter what?

Back
Top Bottom