Tour rumour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
U2 place.com says arenas tour is to begin in October in the UK, then Europe and US. Their source is someone inside U2's management.

U2 place.com says arenas tour is to begin in October in the UK, then Europe and US. Their source is someone inside U2's management.

I hope so,id love to go to the first night.

The whole concert would be a surprise setlist and stage wise.

Reading spoilers and watching videos do effect the expreience slighty i think

Good to hear. That means they can't push the album any further back then like august . Unless the album is cancelled and they are gonna to support the Joshua tree that made a appearance on the charts recently.

That would work for me, since I've already planned the rest of my vacation time for the year. :wink:

Wow interesting news indeed! I wonder how valid this is? Opening night in London sounds pretty cool.

Opening night in London would be sublime...I have a mate at the O2 Arena who has pretty consistently been able to get me tix to anything. Up until this moment I never imagined such a thing.

Would be my second U2 opening night (Miami/Elevation).

Hm, sounds plausible. I hope they announce it ASAP. I usually have classes again starting in early October. If I have the tourdates in time, I can make changes to the schedule. However, summer, even September, would be much better for me, but I still like the idea of an U2 arena tour. Now they just need to announce the freaking album and the tour shortly afterwards. People need to make plans, take time off from work, book flights and hotels.

I really prefer the Tour to start in the US summer
For that, the Album has to come out around April-May

The longer it takes, it will be hell.
It's february, we complain about nothing happening, and all of the sudden you're ok with the tour starting in October?

If they do that, at least play some October songs :angry:

I'd sorta rather wait for a Oct tour start/UK/EU and then they can hit usa areans in winter early spring.... then theey do some usa stadium

I have extra debt to pay off and rather do that for say 3-4 months before the announce at least the later us dates

we'll see :shrug:

Well, their last 3 tours have all started approx. 4 months after the album was released, so this seems quite possible.
We all know how much they need to rehearse!

Zoo TV, Elevation Vertigo and 360 all started roughly 3-4 months after their respective albums were released. Popmart was 1.5 months, and we saw what a disaster that was! All tours prior to Zoo TV were completely different, as they didn't really have much of a production to worry about. I would expect this tour to be no different than all other recent U2 tours.

A June album release could very well mean an October tour start. If Dallas isn't lying, an April release could mean a July/August tour start. Either way, nothing really makes much sense to me right now. I think it's best to actually listen to THE BAND at this point. The band members themselves say they aren't done, and are shooting for summer. The only people saying spring/April are non band members that might be on the outside circle of information.

I have extra debt to pay off and rather do that for say 3-4 months before the announce at least the later us dates

we'll see :shrug:

The last time I got in bad debt was on the 360 tour going to different shows. It's worth it though :)

:lol: im hesr that

in my case this past year was nothing to do with that and totally unexpected moneything let me pay someone close back for all the major tix monies over previuos 10 yrs :uhoh:
i want be able to pay them some thing waaay earlier this time up front for U2

Well older bands like U2 playing full albums is all the rage these days.

Dinosaur acts relying on their legacy.

If they intend to promote older albums more than the last album again (like the last leg of 360), they might as well stop making new music.

UAE organisers said to be in talks to stage U2 gig - Arts - ArabianBusiness.com
UAE events management firm Flash Entertainment is in talks with promoters for U2 in a bid to stage the Irish band’s first gig in the emirates.

Flash, which are set to stage the Rolling Stones upcoming concert in Abu Dhabi on Friday, are keen to bring Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton, and Larry Mullen to the UAE for their first concert, the company’s CEO said.

“I’ve spoken with the company and the primary person responsible for U2 and they’re very interested in coming here,” John Lickrish was quoted as saying by 7DAYS newspaper.

Lickrish revealed he had previously tried to lure the band to the UAE during their 360 tour, which ran from 2009 to 2011, but the cost of staging it proved too high.

I can imagine the 360 tour was too expensive to take to the UAE. It's a long way to go for 1 show, as there's not many other places in that part of the world that U2 could play. Sounds like this tour will be a more simplified show, so it may be possible.

Back
Top Bottom