Tour rumour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it me, or does Billboard mention the original tour announcement was for 'mid-March' with a September start date? We could have been days from that unless that was "delayed" with the album months ago. :sad:

That would have fit extremely well with all the promo stuff, Fallon, Oscars, Superb Owl stuff..... all seemed to hype up to something. The original release would've probably been early March, with the tour announcement following after... :lol: No such luck now!

This is a more logical time frame, though I'd bet on November instead of September. This pattern lines up with Elevation and Vertigo tours.
Releasing the album next March and starting the tour mid year - like Billboard suggests - seems odd.

That's exactly what they did with NLOTH and 360.

That's exactly the time frame that was planned for this year. Basically they are moving the same schedule back one full year. Funny it may be, but it looks like they feel fine about it--or just don't dare say it will be more than a full year from now. Which they should feel nervous about--if it looks like the pitchforks are out now, imagine how it would be if it was like, "Eh, 2015, 16 maybe...not really sure."

15 months until the tour starts?
Given how ready the band looked even last month it's kind of hard to believe we're still so far away. Is anyone but us diehards even going to care by that point?

15 months until the tour starts?
Given how ready the band looked even last month it's kind of hard to believe we're still so far away. Is anyone but us diehards even going to care by that point?

Does anyone apart from the die hards care now?

Theres only us that follow these stories, alot of people wont even realise u2 were bringing an album out.

People will buy a u2 album when ever it comes out.

Other than us diehards, most people don't know or care that U2 haven't toured since 2011. When they tour in 2015, the casual fans will come out in droves, saying "oh yeah I saw them a few years back with Muse, that was a good show... I'll go again!". By 2015, it will have been 4 years since they toured the US (6 years in some cities), 5 or 6 years for Europe, 5 years for Australia/NZ, 4 years for South America / South Africa, 9 years for Japan.

I've resigned myself to the fact that I won't see U2 on tour until 2015, and I'll live. I just hope that they decide to take advantage of holiday sales and release the album this fall. That's our best case scenario at this point. I've come to the "acceptance" stage of anger, it's just a band, just an album. They've got so much wrapped up into this album that they pretty much HAVE to release it.

Tours remind me of my past employment as my name implies I'm a seamstress and have made flags dresses etc. My best job was sewing together outfits for singers. I have had the opportunity to tape measure and cloth chalk Bono's body parts so often even a Gucci would be jealous

Testing Mr Skybeam ? well that is my successful lucky box where I generate money for Islands in the sun ..But I deleted u from contacts so ure all set.

well that is my successful lucky box where I generate money for Islands in the sun

srtjxfgh_zps03aa46cb.gif

I guess the tour will start about a year from now. I think they will do stadiums, but they may test the waters first with a whirlwind arena tour of Europe and North America. Single nights in 30 cities, just to measure demand.

Back
Top Bottom