Tour rumour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't expect an album to be released until October/November. I would be surprised if they toured this year.

I can imagine the 360 tour was too expensive to take to the UAE. It's a long way to go for 1 show, as there's not many other places in that part of the world that U2 could play. Sounds like this tour will be a more simplified show, so it may be possible.

Guy O. managed to take Madonna's recent tour to Abu Dhabi for two nights, so I wouldn't be surprised if it worked out. U2 are a bit behind, as many big acts have been able to go to the UAE. :wink:

I expect the album in late spring/early summer and I also expect them to start the tour this year, as Bono said, arenas first, stadiums in spring/summer 2014. Edge also hinted strongly at a fall 2014 tour. Initial rumors said the tour would start as early as May or June, but I never quite believed those rumors. I wonder how quickly after the album release they'll announce the tour dates. I suppose they'll do some promo gigs in summer to warm up. Something tells me they won't wait until 2015 to begin touring. I think they are in tour mode right now.

Don't believe the u2place-rumour: Sure u2place is a serious, good website. BUT: This inside-source has wrong info, old info or is lying. U2 won't play as early as October in Europe!

Don't believe the UAE-rumour: It's always the same. Some kind of person in a country U2 has never played dreams about it. BUT: It won't happen!

Don't believe the Dallas Schoo-rumour: Dallas doesn't lie. BUT: The album won't be put out in April, eighter he had wrong info or that fan who posted it just tells BS.

Don't believe the album is finished. It's not.

Don't believe gigslutz-O2-residency-rumour: No way. This website copies other articles infos and writes a fairy tale out of it!

The truth is that they are still in the recording process, the album is finally done when it's finished! You got to wait! Don't post foolish rumors. The earliest release date is June.

The truth is the new tour won't start before September. My guess is that they tour America in Oct.-Dec. 14 and Europe in Jan.-Mar. 15. BTW: U2 will be happy to plan shows at times when you don't have classes or no holidays. Truth is: If the tour starts in let's say Oct. tickets and info will beginn no earlier than August.

And you know the truth because .....?

I love it when people tell other people not to believe any rumors as if they have factual information and then go on to state their own opinion which is also nothing more than a guess. We all have our theories about the album and the tour but since none of us knows what's really going on I don't think it's legitimate to tell other people what to believe and what not to believe.

Without actual information and before we have any sort of official statement or announcement, anyone - no matter if it's someone here on this forum or on any other forum or media outlet - is on the same level of credibility for me.

I personally hope the U2 place story is correct. It sounds kind of plausible to me. Bono hinted at a O2 and other arena shows, so it makes sense for them to start in fall and then continue in stadiums in spring/summer 2015.

Just curious..re a Euro vs NA tour start..

Does anyone think that where U2 plans to rehearse might have any sort of bearing on or relation to the continent they are likely to begin touring on?

I mean...if one were to know such information, that is...

Just curious..re a Euro vs NA tour start..

Does anyone think that where U2 plans to rehearse might have any sort of bearing on or relation to the continent they are likely to begin touring on?

I mean...if one were to know such information, that is...

If it includes the production, that's a dead giveaway not only of the continent but of where on that continent the tour will begin, going right back to ZooTV.

Dinosaur acts relying on their legacy.

If they intend to promote older albums more than the last album again (like the last leg of 360), they might as well stop making new music.

Not always. Springsteen has played over 120 different songs across 6 cities in his Down Under tour. Averaging 30 songs per night (over 3 hours per night) and has played full albums on 5 occasions (4 different albums). And they have been magnificent concerts.

Not always. Springsteen has played over 120 different songs across 6 cities in his Down Under tour. Averaging 30 songs per night (over 3 hours per night) and has played full albums on 5 occasions (4 different albums). And they have been magnificent concerts.

And according to fan forums he isn't playing enough of High Hopes.

And according to fan forums he isn't playing enough of High Hopes.

There are always complaints about setlists. Those whinging about Bruce giving them 31 songs over 3.5 hours including the entire (fan favourite) Darkness at the Edge of Town, but not enough High Hopes would probably whinge about anything!

He's playing around 5 songs from High Hopes, which itself is a spare parts studio album of songs he's been performing live for years.

My point was (and remains) not all bands performing entire albums are no longer relevant.

Kind of hard for U2 not to be a touring greatest hits jukebox. 34 years as an existing act with a lot of hits has kind of put them in that position.

Sent from my AT300 using U2 Interference mobile app

Doesn't August sound too soon to be touring for U2 if the album is out in June? From ATYCLB onwards (Pop and early aren't relevant - different time, and we all know the issues with Popmart being booked before recording finished)

ATTYCLUB - October 2000
Elevation Tour - Late March 2001 (5 months)

HUTDUB - November 2004
Vertigo Tour - Late March 2005 (4 months)

NLOTH - Feb/Mar 2009
360 Tour - June 2009 (3 months)

I can't see them touring in August if the album is out in June. One of those events has to be wrong. Either the album is out in April and the tour in August, or the album is out in June and the tour in October (at the earliest). They need time to work out the new songs live (which is what I think the majority of their current studio work is about, and the recording is all but finished), and for the album to sink in so people can make decisions on tickets. If it sells widely, they may wish to add dates in certain cities etc.

Long and the short, I'd be shocked if both the June album and August tour rumours are true.

:wave:

Anybody out there interested in an Oscar party Sunday night?

Oh yeah, I'll be dinking around online during the show.

I'm sure there will be a thread in the Zoo Station part of the forum that people can be witty in.

Back
Top Bottom