Tour news/rumours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phommel

Refugee
do we have a thread about tour news and rumours?

Today Bono announced on German radio, U2 will play (a) concert(s) in Germany in May 2015. Exciting news!

I would love if they did what the Stones did a few years back and do a mix of clubs, arenas and stadiums.
For example, Boston could be Fenway Park (NO Gillette!), TD Garden and The Paradise or the Orpheum.

I've been preparing for this moment since over a year ago :hyper: Question: how does one go about buying U2 tickets? What's the best way to learn that they are on sale?

I would love if they did what the Stones did a few years back and do a mix of clubs, arenas and stadiums.
For example, Boston could be Fenway Park (NO Gillette!), TD Garden and The Paradise or the Orpheum.

Yes please!

Paradise would be epic but would never happen. Funny story, actually just learned a few days ago that that was where they recorded Live From Boston 1981. I walk by that place just about every day and never really thought much about it ("oh that's a cool place for indie bands to play"). I almost lost my mind when I found out. I've definitely walked it by while listening to a track from that recording. Crazy to think about.

Yes please!

Paradise would be epic but would never happen. Funny story, actually just learned a few days ago that that was where they recorded Live From Boston 1981. I walk by that place just about every day and never really thought much about it ("oh that's a cool place for indie bands to play"). I almost lost my mind when I found out. I've definitely walked it by while listening to a track from that recording. Crazy to think about.

As it happens, they played The Paradise three times on the Boy Tour: All U2 shows for The Paradise - Boston, USA - U2 on tour

Yes please!

The Paradise has quite a history including U2 as Axver has laid out. Also hosted many other big names on the way up. Seen some great shows there (not old enough to have seen U2 there).
Used to be a website listing the history of who played there, can't find it at the moment.

I pray they come to Cincinnati Ohio for the first time since the October tour.

I've never been able to figure that out. Every other large touring band plays Cincinnati. Between Bogarts, Taft Theater, US Bank Arena, Riverbend and the Bengals and Reds respective stadiums, there are many venues for bands of all sizes.

I realize the Midwest has never been U2's strongest market but to not play in cincy at all since a small club show in 1981 is crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom