Tour Delay Theory: Trump and the Elections

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Remember when people were intelligent enough to go back and read your original post and see that's not what you said?

Good times :up: I miss those days.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Touche.. Touche...

I think they "blew" the whole not wanting to be involved in the 2016 election when they had Trump on the big screen during the CA shows a couple months back. I think that was a bad move. Too pushy on the non-Trump for President. "You will lose everything". They are a political group, but that statement (I believe was crossing the line a bit). In 1992 he made fun of Bush and Clinton, though it was obvious the band was for Clinton. However, they were not "in your face" about it. That being said, I believe that they truly took a step back and realized that the songs from the JT record actually apply to what is going on in todays' society. The songs/lyrics are what is on people's minds. Also, it is the 30th Anniversary of the release of that record. Why not do a 30-year JT celebration tour? Then I believe they will put the final touches on SOE and proceed with touring from there. They were pushed into releasing PopMart early and regretted that. They said they would never do it again. In summary, I really don't believe this "delay" in the release of the album has anything to do with the US election results. I think that there are journalist who write stories on musical issues have no better trash to dig up. JMO... Reminds me of when a journalist wrote, back in 1987, that the Joshua Tree record was U2's biggest mistake and that the record was going to be the end of them. Sure would love to know what that "journalist/writer" is doing today...lol:hmm: U2 is political and so politics will follow them or vise versa, but in this case I find it very hard to believe that they are delaying an album release due to election results. Unless the songs are all about how "bad" Trump is.........doubtful. :lol:

U2 aren't touring Australia right now because they don't want any part of our current election cycle. The band is, in fact, on the verge of breaking up because Bono and Larry keep getting into Shorten-vs-Turnbull arguments.

Just curious. If that is how you feel about the lead singer (given the comments you've made about him) and this band combined with starting rumors of the band breaking up then why exactly are you here? Do you know something the rest of us don't? BTW that guy is 56, had major bike accident, lost use of his hand to play the guitar. What are you, some sort of work-out fitness nut? Sorry, but just find your comments strange for a fan.

Just curious. If that is how you feel about the lead singer (given the comments you've made about him) and this band combined with starting rumors of the band breaking up then why exactly are you here? Do you know something the rest of us don't? BTW that guy is 56, had major bike accident, lost use of his hand to play the guitar. What are you, some sort of work-out fitness nut? Sorry, but just find your comments strange for a fan.

Ignoring the fact that he was being sarcastic, how did you come to the conclusion that he was proclaiming himself a "work-out fitness nut?"

I don't know where to start, but this gave me a good chuckle, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom