Today is the first day of October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

topplehatU2

Refugee
You know what that means?

Time to sit back and relax to one of U2's most underrated albums, and one of my favorites.

The trees here are not stripped bare.

Since we have a lot of evergreens, they won't be bare anytime soon, either.

:)

yo!!!! so watchu sayin? you throwin the blocko? aight.

:callsthecrew:

40douchecrew2.jpg

there's a shit load of pics on teh interweb of dbags with 40s..

but this picture is reppin' pretty much the entire douche spectrum wheel, to be honest. they're missing the token black guy but i think these guys make up for it with their oh so street nicknames, from left to right:

662, brooks79Z, Bruz, DC40s, GreG708MaltS, ImissMy64oz, John Holmes, LMSCRacer, Loomis462, Sam the Angry Jew, satan165, Shwaz, Vile Fiend, White Mike

that's real

Any album with songs like tomorrow and ITABTAW deserve to be listened to. I feel sorry for those who cant appreciate the album. Im wondering if all the love for this album is only from people who were about at the time?:hmm:

Bang goes the theory then:wink:

I think i would be right in saying tho.....................that those like yourself Zoots, who have some love for October, but werent about at the time, are probably in the minority.:hmm:

Wow! For the first time ever, this album is not hitting me like it always does. Just listened to it in it's entirety. I enjoyed it but for some strange reason was very very aware of it's weaknesses. :slant: This is the remastered CD and I was listening to it for the first time, despite having it for at least 6 months or so.

there's a shit load of pics on teh interweb of dbags with 40s..

but this picture is reppin' pretty much the entire douche spectrum wheel, to be honest. they're missing the token black guy but i think these guys make up for it with their oh so street nicknames, from left to right:

662, brooks79Z, Bruz, DC40s, GreG708MaltS, ImissMy64oz, John Holmes, LMSCRacer, Loomis462, Sam the Angry Jew, satan165, Shwaz, Vile Fiend, White Mike

that's real

Why are you making fun of these guys? It doesn't seem very nice. Have you never dressed like a douche in your life?

Bang goes the theory then:wink:

I think i would be right in saying tho.....................that those like yourself Zoots, who have some love for October, but werent about at the time, are probably in the minority.:hmm:
I'm one of them too. It's not my favourite but I do love it. Tomorrow is in my top 10 favourite U2 songs.:drool:

One of my fav "random Bono interjections" is off of Tomorrow:

In the middle of Edges guitar solo...
"JESUS COMING!"

Better than Boy. Boy doesn't have tunes as amazing as Tomorrow or even Rejoice, which has one of the biggest and most rocking endings in U2's catalogue. With a Shout, despite being a bit cheesy, is pure energy. October is a beautiful little number. Great, great record only ruined by the quite crappy closing trio of songs.

I love listening to October in cool weather... the problem is, it's pushing 90 here still, so it feels weird to do that now. I did listen to it all the way through last week when we had our first real cool front of the year, and I'll do the same at the next opportunity.

I know I'm a dork for timing my listening of U2 albums with the weather.

Back
Top Bottom