Thoughts on "Live Survivor"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CTU2fan

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Just curious what you guys think should happen in a Live survivor. I know I've talked about it with Ax in the past re: choosing different live arrangements for each song and making downloadable song packages, but it seemed like a lot of work.

The way I'm leaning with it is to just do the poll, maybe by albums like with regular survivor, and let people vote based on what version is their favorite (basically how we treated remixes in the studio survivor). Say we're doing JT, take RTSS...say you like the JT/LT tour version, vote as if that's what's in the poll. If ZooTV is your favorite, vote as if that's the version in the poll.

How should we decide how many songs from each album go through to the next round?

I've tried to work out how to do it. The long and short of it is that it's not going to work as a proper Live Survivor, since most people don't own bootlegs and haven't heard plenty of U2 songs live - they'll only know what's on the few official live releases and anything they may have seen in concert. As for downloadable packages, we know from past experience people don't download them.

I have a theoretical tournament devised, but I'm unwilling to run it. It would be a waste of time.

It's too complicated with how many different versions each song has. It would never work, in my opinion.

You all know Bad would win. But if it goes ahead and somebody or somebodies are willing to donate their time to it, then by all means I'll support it.

Nah don't like the idea personally. Would rather a general b-side survivor or even a track number survivor or something. Too many live versions of songs out there, unless you were to do this survivor not based on any one live version, but instead on how the song goes off generally live, which means songs that have never ever been performed live are excluded from the comp. It's too complex an idea...

Back
Top Bottom