This is what it would sound like if the Backstreet Boys wrote Vertigo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What amazes me... is ...why most of U2 fans really DON´T like Vertigo..???:huh: This song rocks...

:scratch:

Rocking doesn't make a song good

That's like defending a song by saying it's catchy, being catchy doesn't make a song good.

Vertigo rocks, so what? If it wasn't the first single, it would of felt like just a filler track.

It would be one thing if he could hit the high notes instead of utilizing those weak falsettos.

It's extreme shit.

The Backstreet Boys kick ass. Bono wishes he could sing like A.J., Nick, Brian, Kevin, or Howie.

Rocking doesn't make a song good

That's like defending a song by saying it's catchy, being catchy doesn't make a song good.

Vertigo rocks, so what? If it wasn't the first single, it would of felt like just a filler track.

I can feeeel.....
How to kneeellll....

Yeah...yeah...yeah...yeah...
:rockon:

:D

:lmao: the weirdest thing about this whole thing is... it actually DOES sound like something the Backstreetboys would've done.

I'm not saying written since they did not write their own songs.

It's a bad song already, so this automatically can't be that much worse. If he'd done the same thing with "The Fly" or "One", that would be a different story, but a turd of a song can only be made so much worse.

Please. :rolleyes:

Go wallow in 1991 and get back to us when you awake.

As for the song - eh. Different interpretations. I'm not always a fan of U2's covers either.

I can forget...
How to good lyrics....

yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah :wink:

And you can forget, how to write sentences...
yeah yeah yeah yeah. :sexywink:

(forgot a verb there, eh?)

C'mon... WOWY is full of cliches and "oohs". "Ultraviolet" uses "baby" about 1000 times in the song. Oceans of songs by other artists uses "oohs", "aahs", "yeahs", etc., yet y'all love them. And Bono's use of words like "sky", "kiss", "kneel", etc., has been mocked since the 80's. Sorry you aren't old enough to have been in on the joke then. :wink:

C'mon... WOWY is full of cliches and "oohs". "Ultraviolet" uses "baby" about 1000 times in the song. Oceans of songs by other artists uses "oohs", "aahs", "yeahs", etc., yet y'all love them. And Bono's use of words like "sky", "kiss", "kneel", etc., has been mocked since the 80's. Sorry you aren't old enough to have been in on the joke then. :wink:[/QUOTE]

Well said, doctorwho...well said! :applaud:

Good songs?:
Rihanna

"Under my umbrella"
(ella,ella, eh, eh. eh..)......:blahblah:

Britney Spears

"You want a piece of me ?).....:blahblah:

(I prefer Vertigo... :yes: )

C'mon... WOWY is full of cliches and "oohs". "Ultraviolet" uses "baby" about 1000 times in the song. Oceans of songs by other artists uses "oohs", "aahs", "yeahs", etc., yet y'all love them. And Bono's use of words like "sky", "kiss", "kneel", etc., has been mocked since the 80's. Sorry you aren't old enough to have been in on the joke then. :wink:

WOWY is a fucking classic! Everything is perfect in that song, the atmospheric infinite guitar, the build-up, the sing along crescendos and the absolutely breathtaking bassy outro! Ultraviolet is a gem of an album track! Amazing atmospheric intro, great subject matter in the verses, fantastic middle 8 etc. Those songs are perfect all round whereas Vertigo is merely an okay song for me. The guitar bridge before the middle 8 is my favorite part of the song, mainly because that section has none of the clunky out of place spanish or the turn it up loud captain or the cheesy all of this could be yours and whatever crap fills up the rest of the song. The lyrics in the verses are average at best. The forced rhymes sound more like the Backstreet Boys. At least musically the song is a powerhouse live! Thank God for that!

But please, don't even compare fucking Vertigo to classics like WOWY and Ultraviolet.

Since when is Ultraviolet a "classic"? Personally, I've never been a fan of the song, I think it's quite dull and pathetic.

I'm not the biggest fan of Vertigo, either, but it's a fun rock song and a great live song/opener/closer.

Since when is Ultraviolet a "classic"? Personally, I've never been a fan of the song, I think it's quite dull and pathetic.

:shocked: :(

You bury your treasure
Where it can't be found
But your love is like a secret
That's been passed around
There is a silence that comes to our house
Where no one can sleep
I guess it's the price of love
I know it's not cheap

:heart:

Ultraviolet and So Cruel are very similar to me and the two songs I fine weakest on AB. Baby baby baby light my way ... come on, that's not very deep. Some of the lyrics are decent, but the best line:

Where no one can sleep

was stolen from Raymond Carver. :wink:

:shocked: :(

You bury your treasure
Where it can't be found
But your love is like a secret
That's been passed around
Where no one can sleep
I guess it's the price of love
I know it's not cheap

:heart:

I prefer the 8/16/92 DC version:

You bury your treasure
Where it can't be found
But your love is like a lightbulb
It gets passed around

:heart: Bad analogies :heart:

It would have been epic had he changed it to:

You bury your treasure
Where it can't be found
But your love is like a hookah
It gets passed around

You love is like a bong
It gets passed around?

:hmm:

bong and around almost rhyme... almost!

ok not really.

Ultraviolet and So Cruel. :up:

imo there are no weak songs on AB, I love all of them but maybe TTTYAATW (I love it though) is the least strongest... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom