This is an INTERVENTION for Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also like this one:
ohbaby.gif

Legs eleven!

6ro4nq.gif

No. I think he's cyclothymic just like that lovely Stephen Fry. This means that he's also gifted. He ticks many of the boxes along the bipolar spectrum:

- He's hyperactive
- He's spoken before about having an irrigular heartbeat (some people with bipolar do have this)
- You mentioned that he's spoken about having panic attacks (common symptom in bipolar.)
- He constantly seems to be undertaking various tasks all at once and sometimes he may not complete them to the best of his ability (eg: superman musical)
- He has a wide range of interests
- He undertakes risky financial investments
- Sometimes he can appear so excited that when he speaks he makes little sense
- He's inventive and creative
- I've noticed that he appears to have lots of nervous energy
- He's spoken before that he does go through dark peroids on a weekly basis.

No offense Annie, but irregular heartbeat and Cyclthymic are two seperate medical condtions. You can have both, but one doesn't cause the other. Also, millions of people have panic attacks and do not have Bipolar Disorder.

Well, I just wish he would STFU about Africa during the shows. :D "Africaaaa! Africaaaaa!" Please give it a rest, Bono.

Thank you! I thought I was the only one bothered by this. I dont mean to sound insensitive, but it's a tad tiring, I just want to listen to some rock n' roll! I'm all for reading about B's work and campaigns, but just at home with a nice cup of tea.

In all fairness, I'm a total hypocrite, because you'd probably need both hands and both feet to count the number of times I've gotten irrationally worked up over something totally ridiculous on Interference.

Possibly someone else's hands and feet, too. I've been here quite a while. :wink:

Interference: the place where rationality goes out the window. :D

The only time I found it excessive was on the Vertigo tour. A few months ago I was randomly listening to a Vertigo bootleg, and was really surprised to find out just how long the pre-One speech was!

Thank goodness he reined that in for this tour.

corianderstem said:
The only time I found it excessive was on the Vertigo tour. A few months ago I was randomly listening to a Vertigo bootleg, and was really surprised to find out just how long the pre-One speech was!

I think Vertigo-era Bono was what became the stereotypical, "I gon' save the world while wearin mah shades" Bono.

:tsk: Bono has never been that Western. Vertigo Bono was a lot happier (and cheesier) than Elevation Bono:hyper:

Dear god YES! I can't stand listening to a full bootleg start to finish. :lol: And holy fuck, how did he rape Miracle Drug with that HUGE speech! Way to kill the song's momentum and have it fall flat. It's such a shame.

I'm so glad it was much better this tour. Shorter speeches, less ruining songs(tbh, I didn't like the SBS interlude on Vertigo tour at all), more about the music. The masks were creepy as heck tho.

Back
Top Bottom