This can't be right - U2's YouTube Channel has 99 million views

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjboog

Refugee
This is amazing. As of yesterday, U2's youtube channel had about 20,000 subscribers and 1 million views. Right now it says that it has 99,184,180 views and 89,152 subscribers.

If that number of views is correct it means MILLIONS of people tuned in to watch the concert. If you assume the average person maybe clicked in and out of the page 10 times, that would mean about 10 million people watched the concert! THAT'S AN INCREDIBLE NUMBER.

It's so incredible that I'm having a hard time believing it right now. :ohmy:

This is amazing. As of yesterday, U2's youtube channel had about 20,000 subscribers and 1 million views. Right now it says that it has 99,184,180 views and 89,152 subscribers.

If that number of views is correct it means MILLIONS of people tuned in to watch the concert. If you assume the average person maybe clicked in and out of the page 10 times, that would mean about 10 million people watched the concert! THAT'S AN INCREDIBLE NUMBER.

It's so incredible that I'm having a hard time believing it right now. :ohmy:

It would appear that this number is correct (its at 104 million now due to people looking for the re-broadcast). Now that is in fact a massive number but consider that it was broadcast all over the world. It might have been the "perfect storm" to generate attention in that you have the 1st ever live broadcast of a concert, which went very well IMHO, and then add to it one of the most popular artists in the world (i.e. they can pull in 1 million views from dozens of countries all over the world). Its pretty cool and that was a good observation by you because I didnt even notice that (I too saw 1.278 million views last night but not the 104 million now)

This will make U2's channel the most viewed in YouTube's history by a wide margin. INCREDIBLE. And all in one day.

U2 - 110 million views
Fred - 66 million views
Nigahgia - 56 million views
Smosh - 41 million views
Universal Music - 37 million views

didn't someone in another thread say that U2 is going through the same thing they did in 1997? :lol:

That is promotion! The album will probably have sales increase now.
Though I do believe that 6.9 is correct (115 would be incredible).

Back
Top Bottom