Things you made because of U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel-Of-Harlem

New Yorker
Have you ever done or bought sthg, or took up an activity being entirely inspired by U2?

For example I took up playing the drums :cool:

I started playing bass because of Adam. Since discovering U2 years ago (my first real musical obsession) I've grown to equally appreciate and in some way emulate many other bassist's approaches, but I still think at the core my playing style is most influenced by his.

Oh, I also once made a little Popmart Adam lego figure.:shifty:

I started playing bass because of Adam. Since discovering U2 years ago (my first real musical obsession) I've grown to equally appreciate and in some way emulate many other bassist's approaches, but I still think at the core my playing style is most influenced by his.

Oh, I also once made a little Popmart Adam lego figure.:shifty:

I want to learn to play bass because of Adam :)

:hmm: but I didn't do anything special because of our Irish guys yet

I learned English because of them, well Ok, I started learning English because I wanted to understand their songs, and learning English changed all my world, I lived in Ireland and UK, and my present job is also influenced by it.

I made a scrap book of my trip to Ireland. I would have never probably gone to Ireland if it wasn't for U2.

I learned English because of them, well Ok, I started learning English because I wanted to understand their songs, and learning English changed all my world, I lived in Ireland and UK, and my present job is also influenced by it.
The same happened with me because of them!I started to read more English books,dictionary(don't laugh:lol:) and U2 by U2,day by day,to emend all my mistakes with this language...and now,I'm just appreciate international musics...I'm not the only one that do this things influenced by them in Brazil...there's a lot of people that I know that are like me:D

I started liking music. Seriously, I hated music before I heard Pride the first time back in 2000 (16 years late to the party, but what the hell :lol:). Before I heard that song I never cared for music. On the radio there was only pop and nothing else with catches that I thought relied too much on the vocals and the chorus. Very little emphasis on the instrumental-parts, they just felt like sounds in the background.

Then I heard Pride with its simple, yet powerful and beautiful riff and I was sold in an instant. I even started caring about the vocals that I hated so much before. The vocals and the lyrics actually felt personal for once. I also started enjoying other bands because of them, I wouldn't have found out about them if it wasn't for U2 (and Guitar Hero :lol:).

good point lol. I actually got a credit card just because of...you know.

:reject: same here. It's just so much easier with hotels and stuff.

And I started playing Guitar and later Bass guitar because of U2. They changed my life drastically with that, they made me appreciate music.

i bought some similar fly shades at the beginning of 1992 and i also bought some similar popmart shades in 1997. the popmart glasses i used at skiing in the alpes when the sight was grey in grey. orange glasses are great on bad weather days.

I took this picture:

3789497125_322f81ece8.jpg

Best viewed larger on my flickr page: I know a girl who's like the sea on Flickr

And in general, I feel that U2 has become such a big part of my life that I couldn't say I'd been the same person without them.

I took this picture:

3789497125_322f81ece8.jpg

Best viewed larger on my flickr page: I know a girl who's like the sea on Flickr

And in general, I feel that U2 has become such a big part of my life that I couldn't say I'd been the same person without them.

Yeah, it's awesome!!

I totally agree with you, it seems like every U2 fan has been deeply tuched by them. They really have that ability :):heart:

Trillions of U2 cartoons. I won't even begin posting samples, and I'm sure a few of you have seen them anyway.

Back
Top Bottom