These are U2 songs I dislike

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I lost track of who hates who on this forum these days, and who is being sarcastic.

I think Boots and Elevation might be the only two songs I don't like.

Stuff like SUC is negligible and while it might be a total failure of a song, I don't cringe when I hear it.

Oh yeah. I was just reminded of Big Girls Are Best. That song is terrible. I can't listen to it and not think Bono is a chubby chaser, despite what the song is really about :p

Acrobat - Any fan that says "...if you don't like this song you're not a true fan" is obviously not the TRUE fan. It sucks...and I think they realise this too seeing they haven't attempted it apart from rehearsals. To me it sounds like a drunken Irish ballad. It's the only song that I dislike Bono's voice and Edge's guitar (Larry and Adam sound good though). Maybe I'm crazy but I've just never dug it.

With or Without You - Ghastly and overrated love song. Somewhere in my mind I can agree with it around the Joshua Tree, Lovetown and Zoo TV tours respectively...but from Popmart onwards that song stinks live and has therefore ruined it for me.

Acrobat - Any fan that says "...if you don't like this song you're not a true fan" is obviously not the TRUE fan. It sucks...and I think they realise this too seeing they haven't attempted it apart from rehearsals. To me it sounds like a drunken Irish ballad. It's the only song that I dislike Bono's voice and Edge's guitar (Larry and Adam sound good though). Maybe I'm crazy but I've just never dug it.

With or Without You - Ghastly and overrated love song. Somewhere in my mind I can agree with it around the Joshua Tree, Lovetown and Zoo TV tours respectively...but from Popmart onwards that song stinks live and has therefore ruined it for me.

I've only seen 360 live, but WOWY was as chilling as any if you ask me.

tumblr_lgpfc1DfU01qeweuno1_500.jpg

angry-mob-o.gif

I lost track of who hates who on this forum these days, and who is being sarcastic.

Diemen actually does hate me. Why, back at the Chicago 2009 show, he totally crushed me just with one step, like a giant crushing an ant.

.... I mean, it wasn't on purpose. He's just so tall and I'm so short.

Oh yeah. I was just reminded of Big Girls Are Best. That song is terrible. I can't listen to it and not think Bono is a chubby chaser ...

I know, right? Isn't it truly gross and awful to think that anyone might be attracted to someone who isn't a size zero?

t0mhcy.gif

Oh, it's just funny to imagine that Bono likes chubby women, because ha ha, what a funny concept?

But you said you know the song is truly about his pregnant wife, so ....

I'm not trying to make a big thing about this and browbeat you for pages, but I just wanted to point out that making a joke about someone being a "chubby chaser" is pretty lame.

AND YET I KNOW THE TRUE MEANING! Which is why I said "even though..."

Whatever, I'm not funny anyways. In fact, it's not funny *because I* said it.

Original songs from the albums that I consider to be kind of lame...

- Hawkmoon 269
- Silver and Gold
- God Part II
- Crumbs From Your Table
- Original of the Species

Wow, completely disagree on these, two of these Hawkmoon and God Part II are dream songs to hear live again for me. Edge's guitar tech Dallas encourages Edge to play God Part II every tour as well.

I guess this thread just shows why U2 has such vast appeal and why it is difficult for U2 to come up with a setlist that will please anyone! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom