The U2 Experience on SiriusXM Channel 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They really need to release more of this stuff officially, though. Especially audio from concert DVDs.

Absolutely. In a perfect world if this station became a regular I’d like to see U2 take the initiative and choose a few live shows - not every show- during a tour and debut the show’s audio in full a few weeks after the actual show. That’s exactly what they do on PJ Radio and it never gets old, but PJ also change it up every night. U2 wouldn’t have to do that with every single show. But get it closer to allow fans to purchase the shows they want. Do I expect it- not at all. But it’s make the station a lot more interesting and get more people to tune in to hear soundboard quality audio.

I picked up my rental car in Austin tonight, turned to channel 30, and was greeted by Big Girls Are Best.

Clearly, some rarities are better than others.

I heard some horrible Lemon remix that sounded like it had nothing whatsoever to do with Lemon. :huh:

I’ve never listened to the entire Point Depot show from 1989, so it’s nice to hear parts of that. I heard Streets / Auld Lang Sine today, which was really moving, considering what a turning point that was for U2.

Last edited:
Jesus, whoever decided to add that Black Eyed Peas/U2 collaboration from that R&R Hall of Fame concert to the playlist needs to be fired immediately.

Also, the other day Cedars of Lebanon came on, and it showed as the artist being U2 and some dude named Harold Budd. WAT.

Also, the other day Cedars of Lebanon came on, and it showed as the artist being U2 and some dude named Harold Budd. WAT.

Per Wikipedia: "The song samples producer Brian Eno's collaboration with Harold Budd, 'Against the Sky', from the 1984 album The Pearl."

Totally forget to listen and I listen to Sirius everyday.

I caught it on Friday, and either I missed something or it was like 10 minutes of Larry/Joe talking .... and that was it. It was weird.

They talked about early days and "building their live sound" or something. You can tell I was really paying attention.

Maybe there are different segments and they're spreading them out.

This is a fantastic station. So many rarities, outtakes, and rare live tracks. I haven't turned it off in my car. I hope it stays.

I heard it a few days ago, but it was a cross between 'it is not her fault' and 'It's unfortunate she didn't live up to her democratic ideals' or something.

I think I was hoping for more condemnation

F******CK, the closest I got to winning the contest was being caller number 8 :doh:

I caught it on Friday, and either I missed something or it was like 10 minutes of Larry/Joe talking .... and that was it. It was weird.

They talked about early days and "building their live sound" or something. You can tell I was really paying attention.

I heard the whole thing and that’s basically it. :|

So what time does the Apollo show start and will they be airing it live? I saw something about a preshow with Bill Flanagan.

It will probably start anywhere from 830-930 eastern.

It’s not going to be live on XM. They aren’t airing it until Wednesday. They better not edit it down.

There will probably be Mixlr’s and Scope’s though.

debating whether or not to show up and try to get into the Apollo or not. don't have a ticket. It's about 15 minutes for me to get there. Or I could just go home after work.

Edge's comments on Aung San Suu Kyi were so tone deaf it was unbelievable.

Huh, I didn't think that at all. I don't know where you heard an "it wasn't her fault" implied. It could have been a stronger statement (but we got one in the statement they had put out on the official site), but I don't know where you got "tone deaf."

Also, I have heard God Part II and Silver and Gold WAY too many times.

They've been playing it since the station kicked off, so ... the end isn't coming, THE END IS HERE!

(har har har, see what I did there)

It IS weird, the schedules say its an hour. I've tried 3 times to listen to it per the Sirius XM schedule and all 3 times, it was never broadcast. Tonite I rushed home from work to listen, still shut out! I've been listening on and off for 3 hours thinking maybe something got messed up with the time zones. I keep thinking I'm crazy, still have yet to hear it. Sounds like its so short that I just keep missing it.

I keep thinking maybe its a joke because Larry doesn't usually say much.

Back
Top Bottom