The U2 Conference is Back! April 2013!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Mmm yes, Vertigo is actually about the Epistemological confusion created by Kant's defiance of Hume in allowing for the synthetic a priori."

SUP NERDS l LIKE VERTIGO THAT SHIT'S DOPE

ANY OF YOU FINE LADIES INTO THE PACKERS??

It probably didn't help that I talking about the reference to "tuna fleets" in Beautiful Day makes me hungry for tuna sandwiches.

That's when I started getting dirty looks by the other participants.

"Mmm yes, Vertigo is actually about the Epistemological confusion created by Kant's defiance of Hume in allowing for the synthetic a priori."

Of course that's your contention. You're a first-year grad student; you just got finished reading some Marxian historian, Pete Garrison probably. You're gonna be convinced of that 'till next month when you get to James Lemon. Then you're going to be talking about how the economies of Virginia and Pennsylvania were entrepreneurial and capitalist way back in 1740. That's gonna last until next year; you're gonna be in here regurgitating Gordon Wood, talkin' about, you know, the pre-revolutionary utopia and the capital-forming effects of military mobilization.

Of course that's your contention. You're a first-year grad student; you just got finished reading some Marxian historian, Pete Garrison probably. You're gonna be convinced of that 'till next month when you get to James Lemon. Then you're going to be talking about how the economies of Virginia and Pennsylvania were entrepreneurial and capitalist way back in 1740. That's gonna last until next year; you're gonna be in here regurgitating Gordon Wood, talkin' about, you know, the pre-revolutionary utopia and the capital-forming effects of military mobilization.

So how DO you like them apples?

U2 Conference in Cleveland

Does anybody know what all this entails? Is it a good time? It sounds kinda dorky, but at the same it sounds like it could be a good time. What kind of evening entertainment is involved? I have a couple U2 friends that I might be able to convince to go. A weekend in Cleveland could be fun, and I could use a weekend out of the house. My wife could probably use a weekend without me too! :)

Since Cleveland is so close, I'd hate to miss out on a fun weekend with U2 fans. Any insight?

Is it really so shocking that people might want to get together in person to talk in depth about U2 rather than just doing it on the internet?

One might actually have to be kind to people's faces, rather than being snide and dismissive. Maybe that's why there's not more interest.

Is it really so shocking that people might want to get together in person to talk in depth about U2 rather than just doing it on the internet?

One might actually have to be kind to people's faces, rather than being snide and dismissive. Maybe that's why there's not more interest.

LOL, Cori. Imagine if I went. Now that would be a trainwreck! :wink:

People slow down for car crashes out of curiosity also.

Which, in this case, is pretty much the same thing.

I have no interest in attending, but if people want to, who cares? Why do you have to go out of your way to belittle the event?

Also, people are seriously injured, paralyzed and die in car crashes...I somehow doubt that's happening at a conference where a bunch of U2 nerds talk about music.

I just think treating a rock band like they warrant some kind of academic conference is a little silly. I looked at the topic list, and it frankly seems like a lot of pretentious, pseudo intellectual nonsense. But to each their own.

Hey, at least I didn't call it a cesspool!

Back
Top Bottom