the things you missed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also, I'd just like to say this is a great thread. Had a good few laughs catching up on it.

On a semi-related note, it's amazing to me how long many people stay around on Interference. I recently realized that, in a few years (by the next album/tour cycle, if there is one), I will have been an Interference member for half of my life. And I haven't even been around that long, compared to some.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I do hope "Bono's in a coma" has the longevity to become an Interference classic. It cracks me up every time.

If this place exists 10 years from now, that whole thread where the "he's in a coma" joke really took off, and that dolt who argued with everyone of us that we were wrong, will be in the interference Pantheon.

*edit I miss Jick's Avril Lavigne posts. (Autocorrect turned Jick into Nick.)

0.jpg

Yeah I also think I could have a beer with pretty much anyone and we'd be fine. I think I even surprised a few posters I've met..!

:sexywink: Just a beer?

:wink:

I probably don't want to look back at most of my early days posts either. God I was fucking annoying as a teenager, and I've been into quite my share of fights on here. I remember some funny ones, does anyone recall our lovely StormierZiggy? Or there was a guy in WTAHNN that totally flamed out on me overnight, which was pretty funny as well.. I think I've had a few warnings but yea, never been banned. :wink: So you guys still have to put up with my shite. Ah well, at least I'm less moronic than 10 years ago.

:uhoh: Shite I can't believe I'll be having my 10 year interf anniversary in october. Time flies.

It may take years for him to recover from that first dose of general anesthetics. :sad:

Along with Bono Coma, this should be a new meme too. :lol: It was ridiculous how long it took for that argument to die down!

Yes, but even then, after we saw photos of him walking around, people still talked about him as though he were in traction.

Hopefully this whole incident will at least inspire Bono to use training wheels (for himself and Leo) going forward.

Back when the news started on Bono's injuries, a certain poster insisted that Bono could feel the effect of the general anaesthetics from the surgery for weeks. Which is impossible, yet they kept insisting so. Not admitting later that she confused anaesthetics and general painkillers (analgesics) you get AFTER surgery, so yeah... Bono was in surgery for ages, Bono was feeling the effect of anaesthetics for weeks, then it evolved to Bono still was in a coma... and then Bono died.

After reading that first "is Bono ok?", and knowing that he spends so much time in France, is good that no one asked if by any chance Bono was at Charly Hebdo's headquarters the other day...

I miss getting harassing PM's from u2girl and then when trying to PM her back, she'd already have her inbox set to block messages.

To counter attack this, I once put the contents of her PM in my signature and she flipped out!

Back
Top Bottom