The sun & the moon & the stars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Did we ever figure out if Gavin Friday's song from his 2011 album "Catholic" is the same song that U2 were working on during ATYCLB era, or at least evolved from that?

Not only does Gavin's song sound like it could be his unique spin on a U2 song, but I'm 99% sure that's Bono's voice saying "In-to...".

I can't imagine he wouldn't have given Bono credit. Not to mention having Bono as a guest or even co-writing a song, would have helped boost his albums sales a bit.

I'm all but convinced the U2 song by that name became something else. Because we haven't heard a single thing about it in...what? 11 or 12 years now? I don't think it was even mentioned in the media reports (i.e. Bono talking to the press) between 2002-2004.

That said, they haven't talked about Bulldozer either. And supposedly that was a song unto itself that didn't make the digital box set either.

I'm pretty sure the Sun, the Moon and the Stars mutated into Big Girls Are Best (or so it would seem from the Melbourne '98 soundcheck). I think Bulldozer became Elevation.

I imagine Bono has tried to fit the phrase in various other compositions. Edge sings it during the middle eight of Discotheque, for example.

Back
Top Bottom