The Speech

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Look what you've done to me. You've made me very famous, and I thank you. I know you like your popstars to be exciting, so I bought these. Now, my time among you is almost at an end. The glory of ZooTV must ascend and take its place with all the other satellites. Don't fear, for I will be watching you. I leave behind video cameras for each of you. So many listening tonight...I have a list. People of America...

Shush.

I gave you Bill Clinton. I put him on CNN, NBC, C-SPAN. Too tall to be a despot, but watch him closely. People of Asia...your time is coming without your tiny transistors. None of this would be possible. People of Europe...when I came among you, you were squabbling like children. Now you're all hooked up to one cable, as close together as stations on a dial. People of the former Soviet Union...I've given you capitalism, so now you can all dream of being as wealthy and glamorous as me. People of Sarajevo...count your blessings. There are those all over the world who have food, heat, and security, but they're not on TV like you are. Frank Sinatra, I give you MTV...demographic. You're welcome. Salman Rushdie, I give you decibels. Goodbye Squidgy, I hope they give you Wales. Goodbye Michael. Goodbye all you neo-Nazis...I hope they give you Auschwitz.

Lighten up, Francis. Let the guy indulge in some hyperbole.

I like the MacPhisto speech where he says "... now I'm just a tired old pop star in platform shoes."

That's Dublin... awesome night. He then "prank calls" the U.N., which is actually Adam, but they're "out for lunch"... :drool:

Didn't he freak out and self censor a couple of lines while delivering that? I think there was supposed to be more after "None of this would be possible" (without....) and "Goodbye Michael" (something...).

Didn't he freak out and self censor a couple of lines while delivering that? I think there was supposed to be more after "None of this would be possible" (without....) and "Goodbye Michael" (something...).

I think he was going to say something about Michael Jackson's penis??? (thinks back to U2 at the end of the world) but he was worried because Jackson was apparently on suicide watch

Back
Top Bottom