The REAAAAAAL Sing With Me Game - Interferers back at it again! Collaborate HERE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i just want to add one more thing...we're supposed to be singing to the dropped key backing track version

i have no way of knowing whether it is bang on the album key, because i don't know what key the original track was in. simply, i took wayne's original track which was universally thought to be 'too high' / 'higher than the album' and dropped it a half step. it sounded pretty close to the album to me, but again, I thought the purpose of lowering it was to establish a common track that was easier for everyone to sing to, not for people to go back and try to sing over top of U2's album cut :huh:

personally i think singing to the album is going to result in wayne having to pitch correct those lines , if we are going to mix it with the new backing track (gone15 especially, it's not in the same key it seemed to me, sorry Dream).

my suggestion if you are not liking the way im singing it is to use the new backing track but without my vocals. you need to sing to the backing track, forget about what you think bono sounds like, that's my advice. :shrug:

Last edited:
Gone 19: http://www.you .com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=08C536A7088DD44A

Gone background:
http://download.you .com/639832D150B31B09

As far as the key...it is the same as Popmart live in Mexico City. They match up. I played both together...one on WMP and one on Itunes. So...you can listen to that one if you want to be on the right key. Or, just sing whatever notes you want. We'll put it in. :D

Got Philk? said:

As far as the key...it is the same as Popmart live in Mexico City. They match up. I played both together...one on WMP and one on Itunes. So...you can listen to that one if you want to be on the right key. Or, just sing whatever notes you want. We'll put it in. :D

:up: The only problem there is the tempo of the backing track *may* not match the tempo of Popmart live. Which of course can be fixed by someone mixing the thing, but I think we were just trying to get all the takes on the same tempo and key so they wouldn't have to...well that's what I was thinkin, anyhow! ;)

At the end of the day, let's just sing the thing, who cares if it sounds like Bono or not? That's what makes our version cool, it's us, not him! :)

gvox said:

At any rate, y'all were never supposed to be singing it anything like me, my vocals were just for timing, and nothing else. Theres a few cracks and squawks in there too, I'm thinkig that ya don't want to copy those either :shrug:

Either way, sorry if I caused you any headache there, the guide was never meant to be a 'this is HOW to sing it', more of a 'this is WHERE to sing it' type guide :wink:
Yeah, I get that. But your timing was off. You rushed the line and it hurt my head :sad:

Got Philk? said:
At the end of popmart Mexico...he does his gone gone gone thing...and then breathes heavy 2 times...and then says something, but I can't figure out what he says at the end. :) Is it in Spanish?
I haven't listened to it to check, but I think maybe he's saying "For Michael Hutchence" (but all in one rushed breath)

DreamOutLoud13 said:

But your timing was off. You rushed the line and it hurt my head :sad:

from macphisto.net re Gone:

This song has been played at least 146 times live (either as full song or snippet).

I'll bet you this much..in that 146 times there is a version where the timing is exactly that way :lol:

as I mentioned, the vocal guide is not for HOW to sing it (which includes phrasing, which is a more accurate description for what caused you a headache, not timing), it's for WHERE to begin your particular line ;)

My problem is I only listen to live U2 :shrug:

:hi5:

Last edited:
Yeah, but I gotta know where to end my line too, or else I get confused :tongue:

But it's done, I recorded my lines and I really don't wanna do it again :lol: Especially 15. If 15 doesn't work, someone else can give it a go.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Yeah, but I gotta know where to end my line too, or else I get confused :tongue:

Oh! Ok I get ya. I thought you were originally on about the notes or whatever, no problem! Its my fault really for not listening more to the album, of course thats what everyone would be expecting to sing to!

Sicy said:
Everything is so complicated now :sad:

:yikes: guess that's my fault....really the guide was just to help people with where to start their part in the song...sorry for the confusion..

all of this stuff can be 'fixed' anyways, it doesnt have to be perfect to be usable, right Wayne?

:reject:

gvox said:

all of this stuff can be 'fixed' anyways, it doesnt have to be perfect to be usable, right Wayne?

:reject:

You have no idea what this is like :tsk:
To the eyes its a mess, but to the ears...well that's a different story...

gvox said:
Oh! Ok I get ya. I thought you were originally on about the notes or whatever, no problem! Its my fault really for not listening more to the album, of course thats what everyone would be expecting to sing to!
That's what it always comes down to :sad: People don't give album Pop songs enough love. It's always 'live' this and 'live' that :tsk:

Thankfully I'm here:

mepopkiss.jpg

DreamOutLoud13 said:

That's what it always comes down to :sad: People don't give album Pop songs enough love. It's always 'live' this and 'live' that :tsk:

Thankfully I'm here:

mepopkiss.jpg

:love: :love: :love: Pop appreciation + Chass = awesome

< and ^

I'm a night owl.
Usually up late.
It helps that most of the time I don't have to be anywhere in the morning.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom