the NLOTH>>>>>>POP connection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
THANK YOU!!!

PLEASE. Let's just stop this comparative analysis and just look at the album as the band's only.

You hear traces from all the previous albums because: well guess what? despite the fact U2 has changed their sound over the years, they are still the same band and there will always be some aspect of their music that remains static throughout the years. To be honest, on every listen I am reminded of all sorts of previous albums from JT to UF, AB to Zooropa, Million Dollar OST to Passengers. Even though it has some elements from previous albums, it still sounds like the 2000s U2. And that's okay what that has produced is a really good album. I don't know if it is a masterpiece - but it definitely is a really good album and after 5 years of wait I'll take whatever shit they come up with.

In the end really.. it's U2. U2 have not become Bon Jovi or Oasis. They're still the same band and it's no surprise people are getting flashbacks to older albums. But why stain NLOTH's image? why not let this album be what it is? why not let it be a 'person' of itself.

I love the album and it's uniqueness, it is one of their greatest no doubt. It is because of our love for this band that we create these discussions. One can't help but hear and discuss the similarities - it stimulates our U2intellectualness :wink:

I for one love reading and sharing all the opinions, U2 fans are awesome :heart:

I haven't listened to the album yet. But I see a strong connection to Pop and NLOTH. Both first singles (Discoteque and GOYB) haven't really been big hits, even though they are both kickass songs. I remember Discoteque got very few radio play where I live. Same thing for GOYB. Now, this tour is going to be exclusively stadiums, just like Pop Mart. And Pop Mart wasn't as big a hit as they expected. The tour, though, was still amazing, even though I didn't see a show. I also get the feeling that NLOTH won't produce another big single. Pop Mart didn't produce subsequent big singles either, such as SATS, LNOE and Please. But Pop was still a great album and I am sure NLOTH is great as well.

I don't want to be a killjoy, but that's just my feeling. Still, I can give shit if this album is a commercial success or not. As long as I love it, that's fine by me.

Back
Top Bottom