The next album in the deluxe format

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my bad

after unforgettable fire, it's achtung baby. I should have been a little more specific.

Please let it be TUF.

The worst sounding CD in my collection. Just because it was recorded in a castle...doesn't mean it has to sound that way! :doh:

I don't listen to U2 to feel good about life or for a life-affriming charge or to have "fun." I listen to U2 and rock-n-roll in general for what an artist can reveal about the human condition. Just 'coz it's dark and depressing doesn't mean it's bad art. Achtung Baby succeeded because it is innovative lyrically and musically. That's who art should be judged. There's nothing innovative about Bomb. It doesn't surprise me that you enjoyed Vertigo, 'coz it was your first U2 show. Your wife cried...my wife almost fell asleep. I was especually disappointed with Bono's lack of range. His pipes are dead.

I don't listen to U2 to feel good about life or for a life-affriming charge or to have "fun." I listen to U2 and rock-n-roll in general for what an artist can reveal about the human condition. Just 'coz it's dark and depressing doesn't mean it's bad art. Achtung Baby succeeded because it is innovative lyrically and musically. That's who art should be judged. There's nothing innovative about Bomb. It doesn't surprise me that you enjoyed Vertigo, 'coz it was your first U2 show. Your wife cried...my wife almost fell asleep. I was especually disappointed with Bono's lack of range. His pipes are dead.

Eh...what?

Seriously you're just spamming now; what does this post even have to do with this thread? And you posted it in another thread too

Hmmmmm.....BB, his pipes are dead? You either wrote that while you were spectacularly drunk out of your mind, sleeping, or on some serious drugs...if none of the above are the case, then I think it's safe to say you are an ignorant U2 fan. There is no other answer to your statement. I'm sorry, but there isn't, unless of course someone else logged onto your account and posted it for you. :shrug:

This has to be the most shocking post of yours...

you have a wife?!

It's go to be The Unforgettable Fire next. It's most in need of a remaster as its the oldest still remaining and 2009 is the 25th Anniversary.

Here's my bonus disc hopes for future editions:

The Unforgettable Fire

1. Bad (Live) - from Wide Awake In America EP
2. A Sort Of Homecoming (Live) - from Wide Awake In America EP
3. The Three Sunrises
4. Love Comes Tumbling
5. Wire (Dub Mix) - from NME Readers' Poll '84 promo
6. Boomerang I (Instrumental) - from Pride single
7. Boomerang II - from Pride single
8. Bass Trap (Instrumental) - from The Unforgettable Fire single
9. Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come (Instrumental) - from The Unforgettable Fire single
10. Pride (Extended Single Mix)
11 - ?. Any available studio outtakes

Notes:

1 - Guess we'd all better hope there's plenty of Eno wizardry that's never been heard before or this one will be a bit sparse, potentially filled up with live tracks from the UF tour (which wouldn't be too bad considering the lack of such officially released concert material from this period).

Rattle and Hum

1. In God's Country (Live, Denver, November 8 1987) - from Excerpts from Rattle and Hum promo
2. Bad (Live, Denver, November 8, 1987) - from Excerpts from Rattle and Hum promo
3. With Or Without You (Live, Tempe, December 20, 1987) - from excerpts from Rattle and Hum promo
4. Jesus Christ - from Folkways: A Vision Shared
5. Hallelujah Here She Comes - from Desire single
6. Desire (Full Length Hollywood Remix) - from Desire single
7. Angel Of Harlem (Single Remix)
8. A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel - from Angel of Harlem single
9. Love Rescue Me (Live from London, October 16, 1988) - from Angel of Harlem single
10. Dancing Barefoot (Long) - from When Love Comes To Town single
11. When Love Comes To Town (Live From The Kingdom Mix (Long)) - from When Love Comes To Town single
12. God Part II (Hard Metal Dance Mix) - from When Love Comes To Town single
13. Unchained Melody
14. Everlasting Love
15 - ?. Any available studio outtakes

Notes:

1 - This disc is a perfect counterpart to R&H because it plays just like it with a mix of Americana inspired new tracks, cover songs and live performances.

2 - It's up to you whether or not the tracks from the movie should be at the end of the disc or the beginning. Personally, I'd have them at the start since they were recorded on the JT tour. Also, I'm sure a few of you would think having these three tracks dilutes the fun of watching your R&H DVD or Blu-Ray just a tad so perhaps they shouldn't be included? Personally, I'd rather have a few highlights from the movie in audio form instead of tracks too weak or unfinished to be b-sides.

3 - It's certainly possible that tracks from the iTunes LoveTown concert will make their way onto this disc, giving the band more of an excuse to hide the skeletons in their closet.

Achtung Baby

1. Night and Day - from Red, Hot and Blue
2. Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk/Korova 1 - from The Fly single
3. Lady With The Spinning Head - from One single
4. Satellite of Love - from One single
5. Salome - from Even Better Than The Real Thing single
6. Where Did It All Go Wrong? - from Even Better Than The Real Thing single
7. Paint It Black - from Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses single
8. Fortunate Son - from Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses single
7. The Fly (Lounge Mix) - from The Fly single
8. Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Club Mix) - from Mysterious Ways single
9. Mysterious Ways (Remixed by Massive Attack) - from Melon album
10. Night and Day (Steel String Remix) - from One single
11. Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Remix) - from Even Better Than The Real Thing single
12. Even Better Than The Real Thing (Perfecto Remix) - from Even Better Than The Real Thing single
13. Salome (Zooromancer Remix) - from Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses single
14. Can't Help Falling In Love (Triple Peaks Remix) - from Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horsees
15. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (Temple Bar Mix) - from Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses single
16 - ?. If there's any room for studio outtakes

Notes:

1 - I made sure that any track the band liked enough to be on The B-Sides 1990-2000 made it onto this compilation along with all of the non-remix b-sides. In truth, it might make more sense to only include Lady/Salome in their remixed form and save room on the disk for cutting room floor tracks.

2 - This is the first bonus disc where the band has absolutely no chance at being comprehensive, mostly due to the overwhelming amount of Mysterious Ways remixes.

3 - Personally, if the best studio sessions they have from this album are the ones that have been heavily bootlegged, I'd much rather have previously released b-sides on the disc.

4 - Live tracks are a distinct possibility given the wealth of ZOO-era live tracks released as b-sides along with the DVD.

Zooropa

1. Numb (New Mix) - from The Best Of 1990-2000
2. Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me - originally recorded in Zooropa sessions
3. I've Got You Under My Skin (ft. Frank Sinatra) - from Stay single
4. Slow Dancing - from Stay single
5. Bullet The Blue Sky (Live From Dublin, August 28, 1993) - from Stay single
6. Love Is Blindness (Live From New York, August 30, 1992) - from Stay single
7. Lemon (Jeep Mix) - from Lemon single
8. Lemon (Perfecto Mix) - from Lemon single
9. Lemon (Morales Bad Yard Club Version Dub) (Instrumental) - from Lemon single
10. Lemon (Bad Yard Club Mix) - from Lemon single
11. Lemon (Momo's Reprise) (Instrumental) - from Lemon single
12. Stay (Underdog Mix) - from Melon album
13. Numb (Gimme Some More Dignity Mix) - from Melon album
14. Numb (Soul Assasins Mix) - from Melon album
15 - ?. Unreleased studio outtakes if there's any room

Notes:

1 - Obviously, the key goal here is to snag up all of the official b-sides and make the Melon album completely redundant. Ignoring edits of remixes is key and there's obviously far more mixes that were released as promos, etc. HMTMKMKM is included in order to make The Best Of 1990-2000/B-Sides entirely needless for those looking to own the most complete U2 discography on CD. Oh, and the EBN mix of Numb is completely unlistenable, hence why I avoided its inclusion.

Passengers - Original Soundtracks I

1. Miss Sarajevo (Single Edit)
2. Your Blue Room (Single Edit) - from Your Blue Room promo
3. One (Live from Modena, September 12, 1995) - from Miss Sarajevo single
4. Bottoms (Watashitachi No Ookina Yume) (Zoo Station Remix) (4:11) - from Miss Sarajevo single
5. Viva Davidoff - from Miss Sarajevo single
6. Miss Sarajevo (Live) - from Pavarotti & Friends: Together For The Children Of Bosnia
7. One (performed by Brian Eno, Bono & The Edge) - from Pavarotti & Friends: Together For The Children Of Bosnia

Notes:

1 - Highly unlikely this would ever see the light of day. If it did, the disc would need to be made up mostly of leftovers that have never before been heard.

I'll probably get around to doing this for Pop-onward soon. I'd definitely slap the Best Of mixes on there in order to make the compilations absolutely useless.

Expect a HTDAAB remaster in about 5 years maybe?

Well, four years ago, half the people in this forum made that album seem like the next Joshua Tree, so it wouldn't have seemed out of the question at the time. :doh:

Back
Top Bottom