The man who shot "Electrical Storm"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's really cool... I really like that video, and he's been involved in some good movies.

That's really cool... I really like that video, and he's been involved in some good movies.

Could have been one of U2's greatest videos, but there's just far too much band performance for my taste, this really kills the momentum of the videos actual story.

Too bad Electrical Storm wasn't shot in its crib before release.

joker-clap.gif

Embarassing "let's get a young chick to cavort with the one band member that can still get a plausibly free pass for that" video. Corbijn used to be much better than that.

A. She don't look like no young chick to me and B. if the intent was to have a band member - who would plausibly get a free pass to cavort, cavort - Larry would be the last on the list. He and Bono are the members who have been in the longest running committed relationships. His might even be longer than Bono's, for all we know.

I think it's a crappy video too but your gripes with it fail the logic test.

Was the video shot in 2002? :hmm: That would make Samantha Morton around 25 to Larry's 41. That said, I might have bet money that she was closer to his age, she looks older. (Not that it matters. :shrug:)

A. She don't look like no young chick to me and B. if the intent was to have a band member - who would plausibly get a free pass to cavort, cavort - Larry would be the last on the list. He and Bono are the members who have been in the longest running committed relationships. His might even be longer than Bono's, for all we know.

I think it's a crappy video too but your gripes with it fail the logic test.

She's 34 now. So she was...24 in 2002.

Plausibility has nothing to do with being in a relationship. It's whether you are considered good looking enough to pass. If we're looking for someone without commitments/longest bachelor career, that would be ... Adam. Who'd probably come off as old enough to be her dad. And picking the oldest looking U2 member as opposed to the youngest looking one is a ludacris plan.

Sure Larry may well have been chosen for his looks but it was a nice idea to give the most publicly shy member of the band the limelight, he must have felt extremely uncomfortable in some of those scenes, good, he needs punishment for hating OS1 so much:wink:

She's 34 now. So she was...24 in 2002.

Plausibility has nothing to do with being in a relationship. It's whether you are considered good looking enough to pass. If we're looking for someone without commitments/longest bachelor career, that would be ... Adam. Who'd probably come off as old enough to be her dad. And picking the oldest looking U2 member as opposed to the youngest looking one is a ludacris plan.

Except that at that time Adam was also in a committed relationship..... so your logic fails by all means.

Move bitch! Get out the way! Get out the way bitch! Get out the way!

:lol:

That's the only Ludacris song I know, and I have a fond memory associated with it, so it makes me laugh whenever I'm reminded of the song. (No, really!)

Except that at that time Adam was also in a committed relationship..... so your logic fails by all means.

without commitments/longest bachelor career. That would be Adam.

And this is a music video...being in a relationship has nothing to do with acting with a younger woman. Great logic.

If that's the test then she miserably failed..to pass for 24!

She doesn't have to pass the test. Re-read.

The guy from the band does. Given their ageing/looks, Larry comes closest so he was chosen for the video.

Maybe Samantha Morton got to choose whom she cavorted with. :)

I love the video; it's gorgeous.

Embarassing "let's get a young chick to cavort with the one band member that can still get a plausibly free pass for that" video. Corbijn used to be much better than that.

The video had a ghost of a deer and mermaid in it, and you're arguing "plausibility"?

Only you... :doh:

She doesn't have to pass the test. Re-read.

You might want to re-watch. :lol: You've called the band's vision re the video an attempt to portray a band member (who is the most plausible/believable, whatever that's supposed to mean) cavorting with a young chick. On that level then, of course she needs to pass the test in order to prove your theory correct. She doesn't, and I highly doubt very many people at all who have viewed this video have seen it as "barely passable old guy cavorts with young chick". The reality is, she looks much older, and Larry looks much younger, than their respective ages, and so it works (as much as a video with a deer ghost prancing through the background can "work" :lol: ) in the real aim of the thing, which is to portray a relationship in turmoil - young, old, whatever.

I don't care on what level you want to argue it, your theory is flat out debunked, sorry.

You might want to re-watch. :lol: You've called the band's vision re the video an attempt to portray a band member (who is the most plausible/believable, whatever that's supposed to mean) cavorting with a young chick. On that level then, of course she needs to pass the test in order to prove your theory correct. She doesn't, and I highly doubt very many people at all who have viewed this video have seen it as "barely passable old guy cavorts with young chick". The reality is, she looks much older, and Larry looks much younger, than their respective ages, and so it works (as much as a video with a deer ghost prancing through the background can "work" :lol: ) in the real aim of the thing, which is to portray a relationship in turmoil - young, old, whatever.

I don't care on what level you want to argue it, your theory is flat out debunked, sorry.

That's the magic of Corbijn. If you saw that video as a neutral viewer, I highly doubt anyone would question their ages.
Why on earth would anyone want to do that even? Just to have something to bitch about, I reckon. :rolleyes:

And the deer was awesome. :dance: Best part of the entire video. Too much Lardence for my liking.

The video had a ghost of a deer and mermaid in it, and you're arguing "plausibility"?

Only you... :doh:

What about the deer ? And the mermaid ? They don't have much to do with what is being talked about.

We've all seen the video.

She already *is* a young chick, being 24 at the time. The only test she can pass is what...not getting IDed ? In what bizzaro world is 24 too old to be in a music video ?

The older party needs to pass the test, ie at least look good enough not to look laughable (OLD) next to a several years younger partner in a video. Since Larry looks at least 5 years younger than anyone else in the band - and could pass for even younger ... he is the logical choice. Like I said, re-read. The reason it's dissapointing is until that point, U2 has sucessfully avoided such "young girl prances around with an old rocker" videos.

Anyway...here's to a new album soon. And better Corbijn videos in the future.

What about the deer ? And the mermaid ? They don't have much to do with what is being talked about.

The plausibility of the video is what YOU are talking about, right? Then everyone in the world except YOU can see that they have everything to do with what YOU are talking about...

Back
Top Bottom