The last song U2 ever plays

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobsaget77

Rock n' Roll Doggie
It's U2's final concert ever and they have one song left. What should they play?
I think Bad/40 is a no brainer on this. Nothing else would quite encapsulate their career but that combo.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

40. I can't imagine it will be anything else.

The real question is, will U2 tell people it's their last show? Will they retire or just play infrequently until one of them dies?

It should be Where the Streets Have No Name. 40 is a nice thought but you don't end your legendary career on a nice thought. You end it on a massive high with arguably your best song ever and your most iconic live song ever. You end the encore with 40 and as the crowd continues to sing "How long to sing this song" an extended intro to Streets starts up. Synth first and it builds and then the chimes of the guitar and there ya go. Bono changes the lyrics at the end as well to say:

"And when we went there
We went there with you
It was alllllllllllll we could do!!!!"

I mean seriously that would be the most incredible moment in the history of music. Could you just imagine the lift or Evelavtion if you will in the venue when the intro to Streets kicks in after the band had already left the stage for a minute or 2 and the crowd still singing 40. You can't tell me there's a better ending than that.

Absolutely...40/red screen/organ/Streets.

I agree that the obvious choice seems to be 40, but thinking about that, it would be so....anticlimactic. After 40+ years, whatever, the band walks off stage one by one until the only one left is Larry playing slow bang on his drums and then just sorta fizzles out? No thanks. I doubt that's the note they'd want to leave on.

I agree that the obvious choice seems to be 40, but thinking about that, it would be so....anticlimactic. After 40+ years, whatever, the band walks off stage one by one until the only one left is Larry playing slow bang on his drums and then just sorta fizzles out? No thanks. I doubt that's the note they'd want to leave on.

Although the imagery of Happy Sullen Jr alone on stage to close out their career bookends well against the image of him posting the notice at school to start the band.

Streets would be the best choice but pride is a close second. To go out in a really upbeat song that also ends with the crowd chanting as they walk off the stage....wow.

My list of cool last songs:

Streets
Pride
Beautiful Day
Still Haven't Found(but one would assume it the last song because they found what they are looking for, so maybe not)

Vertigo...love it or hate it, it's one of their biggest hits and it gets the crowd going

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yes, I find it odd that people are suggesting it. No way that U2 would go out on a note as slow as that (and I'm a 40 lover).

Click clack.

I thought 40 was pretty lame on Vertigo tour. I'm in the minority here, but I much preferred Vertigo x2 to 40 ending those shows. Of course, Bad was the superior closer on that tour, but whatever. 40 was cool in Moncton, though.

I love 40 as an ending, but for their final concert ever I'd pick Bad to close. One of their most amazing live songs. It could have a snippet of 40 though, or segue into it.

Yeah, I would vastly prefer Streets or anything else more upbeat, but yes, I could easily see it being 40.

I mean seriously that would be the most incredible moment in the history of music.

gvDdF.gif

Back
Top Bottom