The last song U2 ever plays

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For the final show...

Ending of the main set:

Walk On
One/Do You Hear Us Coming
Pride

Final encore:

Out of Control
Ultravilolet
WOWY/Shine Like Stars
Bad
Streets

Likely 40 but Streets would fit....but I don't want to think about the last show although I know its unavoidable.

Fuck this sappy shit. The only way to do this right is to get hammered as fuck before the show and end the night with a kick-ass performance of Womanfish.

gvDdF.gif

If that's all you took from my post and took it literally then I'm not really sure what to say.

It has to be Streets though. It's perfect.

They've ended many a show and many a tour with 40, with Larry out there all alone, signifying how it was he who started the whole thing to begin with.

I really don't see how they would do anything other than that, with the crowd singing "how long to sing this song" in unison as they take their final bow.

Not that I think we'll ever know when their final show will be ahead of time... but if we did? Yea. It's gotta be 40.

Haven't they already said several times that it'll be Amazing Grace?

Went and checked for myself.

"Host: The last song of your last concert ever. What would your last song be?

Bono: Amazing Grace.

Host: Honest?

Bono: Yeah.

Host: Why?

Bono: It's a sound. Grace, how sweet the *sound*? I've never figured that out. Think about it."

I just know that if I ever go to a show and they close with amazing grace, I'll go into a panic, lol.

'Is That All?' It would be quite a cool, final question to ask the audience.

They've ended many a show and many a tour with 40, with Larry out there all alone, signifying how it was he who started the whole thing to begin with.

I really don't see how they would do anything other than that, with the crowd singing "how long to sing this song" in unison as they take their final bow.

Not that I think we'll ever know when their final show will be ahead of time... but if we did? Yea. It's gotta be 40.

No, it don't. You can get everything that you mentioned above and still have Streets as the final show. Ending a show or tour on 40 is fair enough, we all know they're still going to come back.

They play 40, do the one-by-one-leave-the-stage thing, have Larry as the last man, he walks off, the crowd sing 'how long to sing this song' for a couple of minutes, and then a screen starts to faintly go red, then they come on stage and finish on Streets, their greatest song, their greatest live song, the only song that everyone agrees should never miss a show.

There is no fucking way that U2 end their career on just 40. They will end their career on as triumphant a note as possible.

No, it don't. You can get everything that you mentioned above and still have Streets as the final show. Ending a show or tour on 40 is fair enough, we all know they're still going to come back.

They play 40, do the one-by-one-leave-the-stage thing, have Larry as the last man, he walks off, the crowd sing 'how long to sing this song' for a couple of minutes, and then a screen starts to faintly go red, then they come on stage and finish on Streets, their greatest song, their greatest live song, the only song that everyone agrees should never miss a show.

There is no fucking way that U2 end their career on just 40. They will end their career on as triumphant a note as possible.

I hear that. Streets may be second to last. However, I think they'll still end it on a reflective note such as 40.

Exactly. There's also no way they'd end on a deep cut like 40(although if they did it would be 40). At least I wouldn't think so. Like you said it's fine to end a regular show on a regular tour like that but not if it were an announced final farewell show. No way. Plus with Streets they could even extend the outro the way they kinda did on Popmart and Bono could even add some new lyrics on the outro to signify the end.

ASOH/Streets/40/I did it my way/Get Back medley

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

You seem quite agitated about this.

Back
Top Bottom